Mouse Problems

15 replies [Last post]
SAKATI
U c since i got the G5 mouse i have a big problem with Q3 sensitivity. I have set m_yawn and m_pitch to 0.0012 and, dont know if thats the problem, my mouse acts very starnge. When i move it fast it goes all nice but when i try to move it slow it just starts to act strangley. The cursor in q3 doesnt move when i move my mouse slow, dont know why that happensm, or if it moves it moves very slow and it doesnt follow my mouse movement at all. The most precices term i found to decribe this is that when i move my mouse slow the cursor move from time to time not in a constant move.

Here is a short movie taht i made in which i will tyr to show u the problem. one thing in the movie i moved my mouse all the time so if u see my cursor standing on on spot its becasue i moved the mouse slowly.

Here is a new movie

Login or register to view attached files

Warren G
FELiX's picture

SAKATI

Thanks i will try, but the thing that i maybe forgoth to mention is that the mouse works fine for me in other games and windows and rograms, only having problems with q3 Sad

I will try to rest the config in q3 maybe that will help, hope it does Happy

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

i had this problem, its the setting Keep mouse speed i think in setpoint, where it only recognises movements of a high speed, not precise small ones, try and experiment with every setting in setpoint so that you know what they all do and you can tweak it to your specific needs Cool

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey

bert

there is a combination in which i had the same with my mx518:
sense on 1600 dpi
low accel in setpoint
and cl_mouseaccel on 0.25

i just keep it on 450 dpi and then i dont have this problem.

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture

lol hahahaha
all having monster system configs Tongue
And I use only a mini mouse on my laptop :oops:

Wanna avoid seeying mow, skull & co Surprise

Check this peacefull place

drill@quakelive

At first try to download new stuff for g5 (firmware,update). 2nd - Mostly depends on what mousepad you play. I got QC+ and i havent any prolbems with it. But i know one player using Steelpaf S&S and his problem is reversed. He cant move fast with mouse cause when he do it it shows up like he hasnt q3 mod (cursor jumping). Yea guyz Tyrant and Bert - they wrote 3rd mostly resloves probs with your mouse after mousepad. Try this all and wirte if it helped.

new set point :

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/EEUR/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=11017

firmware :

|_EM*TAKER

Edit: shitty isdn connection from work makes double posts Shock

ghost wrote:

comunity are the ppl game is an game u can do every u want to game*, if it will be BIG RED smile on game box and u get pised of that game, throw box of that game on the flor in kitchen and make on it BIG BAD smelly shit, this smile will be still on the box kep smiling to u, but when yors parents will back form great vacations to home with smiles on faces and they will see what hapened thier faces become only RED withnout eny smile.....

|_EM*TAKER

Quote:
But i know one player using Steelpaf S&S and his problem is reversed. He cant move fast with mouse cause when he do it it shows up like he hasnt q3 mod (cursor jumping).

Then he has a problem also, cause i have s&s steelpad and G5 and i never had this problem, they work perfect together, the G5's nice skates on this surface is perfect. Although this problem occurs when u not have usb2 drivers installed properly(winxp Service pack 2)

ghost wrote:

comunity are the ppl game is an game u can do every u want to game*, if it will be BIG RED smile on game box and u get pised of that game, throw box of that game on the flor in kitchen and make on it BIG BAD smelly shit, this smile will be still on the box kep smiling to u, but when yors parents will back form great vacations to home with smiles on faces and they will see what hapened thier faces become only RED withnout eny smile.....

Warren G
FELiX's picture

check it:
disable game detection because it make more truble with q3. Sometimes is chage sensivity and mouse resolution.

My conf:
Mx 518 + steelpad qck
WinBorg xp 5.0 (win xp pro + sp2)
SetPoint 2.47 eng
USB patch 500Hz

|_EM*TAKER

drop the usb patch for G5, it has automatcially 500 hz as standard

ghost wrote: