Microsoft Classic Intellimouse 3,200 dpi (2017) (IE3.0 refresh)

23 replies [Last post]
UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture
>> Microsoft link to mouse description <<

Dimensions:
L-W-H format
5.2" * 2.72" * 1.68" (132 mm * 69 mm * 43 mm)

Refresh Rate:
1000hz

Max DPI:

Weight:
4.55 ounces (129 grams) Assumed with cable

Sensor:
Microsoft BlueTrack* (Sensor information not available)

5 Mouse Buttons:
Left Click, Right Click, Mouse 3, Mouse 4, Mouse 5
(3 = Scroll wheel, 4/5 = Side buttons)

Hi goys, I'm back with some mice news again, how is everyone Happy haven't visited this place for a while, got myself into college again.. I'm older than everyone, hah, but feels like this is a good decision for me so far!
So back to news, MS IE3 refresh? Anyone expected this to ever happen? Happy I didn't, so this is bomb to me, guess, i'm saving my money already, will not eat for weeks, but get this, haha
Available in USA already, not in UK yet x:-|
"side buttons feel AMAZING. firm, crisp, wonderful. Also lift off distance is very very low, zowie level or even a bit lower."
First replies are promising. Sensor is promised to be good by Microsoft. People also say it's as good as Zowie's 3310-Pixart sensor, but fails at fast swipe of 4 metres/s @ 1600dpi (my fav resolution), a classic spin out, cursor drops down to 'floor' or to 'sky'. I don;t reach it usually, my older Razer Abyssus had this limit, if I'm not mistaking, I never reached it, honestly )Confused
Right now I'm on the first version of FK2 (They changed colours a bit on Benq FK2 version only)

Happy so far, small sturdy, firm grip, and really good sensor performance, does great in CS! Was doing awesome in E+ before I took a long break (Tested numerous amount of mice ever since, and I have my new daily top 3, haha).
If sensor is like this Zowie's, it's a very good deal for me Happy 39.99 USD!

I would teach you how to play, but I don't know myself!
Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture
Re: Microsoft Classic Intellimouse 3,200 dpi (2017) (IE3.0 ...

Someone opened. No 3310-adns, not a gaming sensor, R.I.P. Microsoft. If anyone considered this, guess money saved now.

Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

flaki

If you want a good gaming mice which has a similar shape and functions like MS Intelli you should check some steelseries models.

for example:
https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei-raw#sensei-raw-rubberized

or the pro version
https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei

Ive got both and im very happy with them! They have more models too....

UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture
flaki wrote:

If you want a good gaming mice which has a similar shape and functions like MS Intelli you should check some steelseries models.

for example:
https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei-raw#sensei-raw-rubberized

or the pro version
https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei

Ive got both and im very happy with them! They have more models too....

Damn mate, those mice smell like 2011-2013 something, but today is 2017, I know those laser sensors in them, and they not so reliable to me, can't stand that sensor tracking Winking Plus they are not similar to Intelli mouse at all, if you check closely, they are symetrical, and Intelli classic one is not!

I've tried Raw mouse 2 or more years ago~ and compared it to my Rival 700 which i got this year, and that is actually a tiny bit more similar to Intelli classic, and it has the best optical sensor in market, same like logitech and razer's top optical. Tracking is flawless w/ R700. I know they did pretty nice marketing on Sensei, as usual Steelseries... But did they test those mice and compared to each other themselves, i'm not sure, sweet marketing is selling them those crapsters senseis. I'm still not changing, and staying with optical mice.

Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

Im only interested in the sensor measured data.

Otherwise I own 3 of the old, i could frankenadder those.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

flaki
Quote:

Damn mate, those mice smell like 2011-2013 something, but today is 2017, I know those laser sensors in them, and they not so reliable to me, can't stand that sensor tracking Winking Plus they are not similar to Intelli mouse at all, if you check closely, they are symetrical, and Intelli classic one is not!

Say What Big grin The ADNS9500 is still considered as one of the best sensors...Rapha won several Quake Live Tournaments with his Xai model! Its also possible to set the tracking heigh/depht so it can get a optical sensor bahavior... True sensei models are a littlebit older but i think you are looking at the mice market like gpu or cpu market. There wont be any better mice anymore bcuz you wont feel any difference btw 10000 dpi and more...So the perfection is already reached. Yeah the Rival 700 in your picture is closer to Microsofts Inteli and as far as i know only steelseries models are close to Inteli...

UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture
Quote:
flaki wrote:

Say What Big grin The ADNS9500 is still considered as one of the best sensors...Rapha won several Quake Live Tournaments with his Xai model! Its also possible to set the tracking heigh/depht so it can get a optical sensor bahavior... True sensei models are a littlebit older but i think you are looking at the mice market like gpu or cpu market. There wont be any better mice anymore bcuz you wont feel any difference btw 10000 dpi and more...So the perfection is already reached. Yeah the Rival 700 in your picture is closer to Microsofts Inteli and as far as i know only steelseries models are close to Inteli...

Well, doesn't mean he won finals, and mouse is glorous this way, they give him to market that mouse, doesn't mean it's very good option for consideration. He knows how to use equipment to win.
I don't think i like those adjustments, it has to be plug n play, little hassle, and go pwn. Well even i'm well behind the latest news.. SS has sensei 310 and rival 310, with Truemove3 stuff... which is basically new leader in sensors list, they topped logitech this time, and logi is trying to get outta their skin now, to top that, lol. They were top for 3 years, now SS time! Truemove3 (350ips max speed - overkill..) and budget Truemove1 (240 ips max speed, about right!) is basically about sensor jitter levels reduction at lower DPIs (400-800 something), what logitech didn't manage to do(!), but still logitech's best mice with top optical sensor 3366 are great, close to perfection, the tracking in quake for me is flawless with it, love that sensor (it's same sensor in Rival 700 btw). And yeah actually agree on your point of reaching perfection, after 3310(zowie, ss, cougar, roccat)/3330(cooler master)/3366 sensors and some razer equivalents, it's hard to see that much of a difference, got zowie, and you should be set with 3310, got logitech, you should be supersatisfied, maybe some shapes just wwon't fit ya, but tracking is great. One exception of 3310 - SS rival 2013 vanila version, has some sensor jitter crap, and Asus Sica with 3310 - cursor jitters just on your screen(!), the rest 3310s seemed to be without that and no spinout.

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

Otherwise I own 3 of the old, i could frankenadder those.

Frankenmouse, an interesting idea i wanted swap Razer's top sensor into Logitech G402, because shape is godlike, sensor crappy sometimes, but that 402 is too awkward to do a frankenmouse with, g502 is more friendly, but already has a great sensor in it.. crap. Still considering to do one, skuller? Damn you still around after all those years, lol.
Another close to Intelli classic? Happy this, with 3310, stable as hell, shape glorious, clicks a bit mushy compared to Rival 700, still saving it until MS offers some real good sensor in their Intelli..

Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

Dies around 4m/s, better than over 10 years ago

Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Site administrator
haxxus's picture

when a better sensor than PMW3366 or hero gets made, call me.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
UFFAS * DSS wrote:

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

Dies around 4m/s, better than over 10 years ago

maximum linear acceleration?

btw, there are also benefits from the negative accel on the original.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

UFFAS * DSS
Ufasas's picture
(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:

when a better sensor than PMW3366 or hero gets made, call me.

Truemove3 (more IPS & dpi & 1 (less IPS and dpi), mate, but 3366/3360 are already great!

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

maximum linear acceleration?

Buy typing this did you mean: "is it max control speed of a mouse swipe as fast as you can without changing direction?"

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

btw, there are also benefits from the negative accel on the original.

Where did you find neg accel useful in the ie3?
Some more nerdtastic data of MouseMovementRecorder, dunno, if you can read this graphs, i'm not really sure myself how to read thsi, knowing IE3 is with a good sensor, the more reports of 1 x -1, the better, i believe, haha, correct me if i'm wrong.

Cfg used
Mice owned
My girlfriend