:: Icons Pack for Excessiveplus 1.03 ::

45 replies [Last post]
rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

basically, problems of sharpness on dot crosshair etc is caused by smoothing crosshair of e+ and cpma.
just use the search function, u gonna find a topic where the difference between e+ and osp crosshair is explained exactly.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture

until this crosshairs wont be included in e+ client is useless to include manually

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

1337W4R3Z )NWC(
1337w4r3z's picture
CZE|BEAZT wrote:

until this crosshairs wont be included in e+ client is useless to include manually

Tottally agree I mean why get used to it when it will make your client unpure and you won't be able to use it at cw's.

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture

its bullshit, this is Excessiveplus not cpma Thinking

PITBULL[ERA]
1337W4R3Z )NWC( wrote:

CZE|BEAZT wrote:

Tottally agree I mean why get used to it when it will make your client unpure and you won't be able to use it at cw's.

Just don't use it then.

eu.jeff wrote:

its bullshit, this is Excessiveplus not cpma Thinking

You better get used to it cause they are the crosshairs and the flags in 1.04. The only difference, which is very slight, are the 2D icons which are IMO way better than the one in baseq3 and the armors skins on 3D models. Next time learn to shup up rather than saying harmful comment: just don't use it if you don't like. End of the story.

(HK) GoddaM
goddam's picture

this leads to such an old debate about what is acceptable and at what level the modification makes it a different mod, and indeed which modifictions can make for unfair advantages.
if you can enter pure server and not get kicked for its presence but you are forced to use standard e+ graphics then i feel there is no problem with altering aspects that dont affect the gameplay, i.e those which are purely cosmetic.
there is also an issue with PB and md5tool picking up rogue pk.3 files so beware that you may get called a cheat for having any additional pak files.

PITBULL[ERA]

As you said GoddaM, Pure won't kick the client and will load default baseq3 icons Happy I've been playing on PB enabled server lately and the pak doesn't seems to make any problems so far Happy

I like how you consider the pak, purely esthetic, this is exactly what it is Shock

=ANU815=
outeris's picture

hmn yea its not kicking and etc i'v playning a long time and didnt/dont have any problems with or withouth them on pure servers (then server have and them or doesent have icons)

but strange those icons - are on my server, and recently new people with fresh e+ installs are refused by pure server,
server says that clients are missing that pak, and w.out it refuses conection (yes downloading from server is off)

so its weird old friends was playing on server w.o. that pak, and doesent haved any problems.. whats the trick ? i dont geting clue

The majority of people think they think, when really they just change their prejudices. Understanding is a matter of will in most cases.

Lietuvių excessiveplus draugija - Lithuanians National Team
Linux (1st E17+Compiz powered ! Built on Debian GNU/Linux.)

MODDB.com all cool things for Quake III Arena @ one place from E+

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

if u have pure on, people HAVE to have the pak, no matter what u do.
maybe u just turned pure on recently?

edit, a solution would be make sure u got 1.32c on server and turn autodownload on

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

=ANU815=
outeris's picture

well no, my server always was pure from beginning (em this kind of thing is hard not to notice Winking )

hmn, now I'm noticed one differences (but i cant believe that it makes sense.. )
then i downloaded from here, pak was named pak1.pk3 now as i see pitbul named it to xp_icons.pk3

The majority of people think they think, when really they just change their prejudices. Understanding is a matter of will in most cases.

Lietuvių excessiveplus draugija - Lithuanians National Team
Linux (1st E17+Compiz powered ! Built on Debian GNU/Linux.)

MODDB.com all cool things for Quake III Arena @ one place from E+