Help?

3 replies [Last post]
orphy with the wind
Hya, I have this very odd problem, well I'll start from the start, usually the best way to do.

Well I have this Pc asus P5ND2 mobo w/ integrated sound card (5.1) with the 6 connectors at the back and two front connectors at the front (mic+speakers). And for Xmas i got a set of headphone so I rush home all happy and i think great now ill hear every thing including ppl on other servers and frag like an aimbot, blablahblah,... So I plug the headphones in the usual plug at the back and play a bit. A few days after, I decided its a pain to have to plug my headphones and speakers in and out all the time to play quake, liisten to music,... So I pick the obvious soluition, I plug the headphones in at the front and since then wether I plug either speakers or headphones at back or front, simultaneously or seperately, reinstall drivers, get new/different drivers and so on, I only get sound in the left speakr/headphone.
I only get sound in the right speaker/headphone if i wiggle the connector around in the socket (and get it in this special position i have to hold in if i want stereo sound).

Btw, no new software nor hardware (excpet the headphones)...

Thanks for reading my post (its a bit long, sorry) and I hope someone can provide me with a solution.

PS: I tried on fresh winXp installation and taking the battery and reset bios, no change.

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O
vroomfoondel's picture

umm loose connection somewhere maybe?

check ur connections off the mobo.

#e+pickup #excessiveplus #class.clan

TARASBULJBA

This will sound stupid but...

Control panel - Sounds and Audio devices - press advanced button, first one, and look balance there...

btw, it can be one more thing, a little bug in cable so try turning it all around...

orphy with the wind

Checked both mo/bo connections and sound settings no improvement there at all, prolly gonna have to get a new, cheap, sound card, but thanks for the help.