Excessive Plus v1.04-beta5

90 replies [Last post]
rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
accurun wrote:

that screenshot could be caused by 50ms and higher ping+unlagged technology, no Thinking:

ingame the rail was red line, hitting straight the wall, hit was blue line same as in demo.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

joey
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

checked out latest awesome beta and u know what?
i love you easy <3

never seen so many bugs at once, seriusly.
also found the reason why sens feels odd for some people, gj there easy, seriusly.

I noticed that the first time i downloaded the beta
that is why i dislike 1.04
I like the features though
i still say revert to 1.03 gameplay and keep the amazing features

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

accurun wrote:
that screenshot could be caused by 50ms and higher ping+unlagged technology, no Thinking:

ingame the rail was red line, hitting straight the wall, hit was blue line same as in demo.

I don't know why you make such a big deal of a single bug (this bug). You can see the description/comment/videos/demos in the bug and you can be sure that its only a client-side prediction bug, and the server (and the demo) registers the shots just fine. Just remember to use xp_delagWeapons 0 to lesser the effects of the bug.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

mow Q [EN]

The only really annoying thing for me in 1.04 beta5 is, it seems to lag the server way more than on 1.03. Not that i would have intense lag, but the lagometer is pretty restless.

Anyway, for me 1.04 beta5 > 1.03. And i can't understand why not any server is upgrading to 1.04 beta5, since 1.03 is worse than any pre-beta ever. Just hope easy is not lost in space again for the next 3 years.

D e c e m b e r
Developer
brb24hours's picture

Quote:
...why not any server is upgrading to 1.04 beta5...

Because 1.04 is not compatible to 1.03 neither in connect negotiating nor in configuring (and also is overcomplicated). Easy would make the new release compatible with the old one and do not force happy people to get pain by upgrading the game for no special benefits.

mow Q [EN]

unsatisfying response.

all the nerds who cryed for a new release, and whined about 1.03 are now shutting up.

redicolous.

sry, i had to say this.

mow Q [EN]

Also i start to believe, that easy+ has started his next 3 years holiday from e+.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
lagstard wrote:

I don't know why you make such a big deal of a single bug (this bug). You can see the description/comment/videos/demos in the bug and you can be sure that its only a client-side prediction bug, and the server (and the demo) registers the shots just fine. Just remember to use xp_delagWeapons 0 to lesser the effects of the bug.

it was just the most ridicilous bug of all that i seen, together with the sensitivity bug, the beta is gone from my pc after the 2 games i played.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture

rather that being "omg rail 0.01mm incorrect 1.04beta 5 sucks delete q3 and burn computer demo bugs blah edawn rulez" why don't you come out with something contructive and post the "bug" in the right topic.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

Also i start to believe, that easy+ has started his next 3 years holiday from e+.

Hehe, that would be pretty hilarious, actually, since then, all the haters would turn again towards Edawn, but by that time, it'll be dead, most likely.

Perfect irony. Surprise