Excessive Plus v1.0 Release Candidate 2a

2 replies [Last post]
easy
Developer
easy's picture
Alright, maybe you've already played it on our exclusive server.
But now finally it is up and ready for download!

Much had changed, much was fixed and at the end we promise you it's worth a try, even if you did not liked the first release!

We have included now all three Mr. Pants' Excessive Overkill versions and the default settings had changed to a mix of Excessive v3 but with all the nifty features of Excessive Plus in it, like the unlagged technology, the spawn protection, fast weapon switching, the chat protection and the whole new away system!
Whenever you get a phone call just turn yourself away and continue your frag-fest later with your old score!

If you think that unlagged does affect the gameplay too much or if you want a normal Mr. Pants' Excessive game, just execute the "excessive3.cfg" config and have fun with all the original settings.
Of course you can still disable rockets or any other weapons or you can even try our new "xp.cfg" configuration which is a real alternative to original Excessive.

And at last to all server admins:
Please take your time and read the docs again or at last the "changeslog.txt".

Update:
Excessive Plus v1.0rc2a has been released!
It is a bug fix release for the "CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message" error on a map change.

Enjoy the release and Have fun!

autoaim.cfg
autoaim.cfg's picture

Wonderful... Excessive has always had a special place in my heart.
I'm looking forward to taking part in this community as well.

One question... Is there some kind of timeframe for the release of the Excessive 1.0? Can we expect to see it this spring? Or will it be more af an autumn affair?

EDIT : "While I refuse, as normal, to give any sort of release date, I will say that it's coming soon." <--- Ok, dont say it... I know... I'm blind. :roll:

Yay! A signature! Errr... just imagine a sig, ok?

Anonymous
Re: Excessive Plus v1.0 Release Candidate 2a
easy wrote:

Alright, maybe you've already played it on our exclusive server.
But now finally it is up and ready for download!

Much had changed, much was fixed and at the end we promise you it's worth a try, even if you did not liked the first release!

We have included now all three Mr. Pants' Excessive Overkill versions and the default settings had changed to a mix of Excessive v3 but with all the nifty features of Excessive Plus in it, like the unlagged technology, the spawn protection, fast weapon switching, the chat protection and the whole new away system!
Whenever you get a phone call just turn yourself away and continue your frag-fest later with your old score!

If you think that unlagged does affect the gameplay too much or if you want a normal Mr. Pants' Excessive game, just execute the "excessive3.cfg" config and have fun with all the original settings.
Of course you can still disable rockets or any other weapons or you can even try our new "xp.cfg" configuration which is a real alternative to original Excessive.

And at last to all server admins:
Please take your time and read the docs again or at last the "changeslog.txt".

Update:
Excessive Plus v1.0rc2a has been released!
It is a bug fix release for the "CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message" error on a map change.

Enjoy the release and Have fun!