Do you want maps to be included within the final v1.0 release?

13 replies [Last post]
easy
Developer
easy's picture
59% (16 votes)
No, that will just increase the zip file!
15% (4 votes)
I don't mind.
22% (6 votes)
What the hell is a map?
4% (1 vote)
Total votes: 27

YOYO

Voted for "I don't mind" because it looks like fun but still it has no use to me to put maps with the final release. Happy

Ogre
Ogre's picture

I voted yes, cause I'm lazy and don't want to download new maps elsewhere.

[mr.] aVe

Going back to that poll, I started to design maps that could work for both q3 and excessive plus.

It's quite challenging, mostly due to change pf physics in e+ (longer jumps, multijumps) and lack of item grabbing so often the action takes place in a restricted parts of regular q3 maps.

So I'd like to ask people about what they generally like in e+ gameplay, challenges they expect, etc, etc (long echo). Happy

ave arena ! fraggituri te salutant !

FEST

VOTE: F1!

aVe.....

If you want ,i can help you to make any map Happy
i am learning in make CTF Map Happy

well... see ya Happy

[mr.] aVe

Hi Festero ! That's quite good news ! Big grin

That would be great if we could help ourselves making maps and playtesting them in our clanservers.

I'll join U via email in a minute Winking

Pure Imaginary
Pure Imaginary's picture

If you are going to include maps, make sure you dump them into a seperate .pk3 that lands in the /baseq3 directory. In the event they are playable with other mods, people should get the opportunity to play them with the other mods.

Having said that, if you are going to include maps, make sure they actually add to id Software's set; in other words, make sure they are better than most of id's maps. You will want a diverse set of beta testers to make sure these maps are sound not just in construction, but in item placement.

[mr.] aVe

Making a .pk3 is strict minimum IMHO.

Considering the playability with other mods, well, personnaly I'd focus on making a E+ map rather than a 'jack-off-all-trade' map :roll: just lke there are specific mod maps like ut, cpma, etc. It's just a question of being tied to a gameplay. Anyhow, it's always possible to make the map playable in q3, with bot support.

On the other side, I think there will be no submission before any map has been fully playtested and balanced - not speaking about aesthetically acheived Winking

FEST

i think.. if you gonna make maps for Excessive Plus... make a pack sample: pakplus.pk3 and Add it in "excessiveplus" folder.

then when one guy want's to play in the Plus Maps.

He only need , copy and past the "pakplus.pk3"

Cool lol im crazy.... seee yaaaaaa! Tongue

[mr.] aVe

I Festero, I'm back Winking so be ready for MSN session my boy. And in any case maps are included, I think the pak name will be choosen by Plus team Winking

Pure, the map(Drunk I intend to build will be reviewed within [Mr.] clan first, on 'pre-alpha' stage, then available in alpha stage for a couple of weeks (2-4 seems fine) in this forum and q3w too. I'll move to beta during the alpha test.

In any case the layout, the gameflow, the item placement or the texture sets suck, the map won't be released.

So actually a FFA map is on its way. Just ask Mr No how much patience is has with this baby Winking

MR. NO

Don't ask me anything, becouse you can get answer that isn't one you're going to like Happy

No means NO.... but not today:)