# dm_68 to avi #

16 replies [Last post]
GASP
f1x's picture
Hello Community!

I would like to know are there any converter which allows to convert dm_68(quake 3 demo files) to .avi or other video format?

Thanks in advice.

2!S*Wicked(pl)
Wicked666's picture
*GOM*
mancubius's picture

fraps does not convert dm68 in avi,it just records video in real time.I am not sure if that what you ask is possible...I think it is not Confused
But if you want ,you may use a real time video recording program instead na fraps is a good solution Happy

GASP
f1x's picture

Thx for advice. Fraps must be a good prog but when I started to record my video with fraps while playing q3 then q3 started lagging like hell. So, while fraps is recording it is impossible to play. I tried to lower frames and quality but anyway game lags insane... Sad

Sriam
Sriam's picture

first record demos with q3 Winking
than record the demos with fraps Happy

coolest clan of e+ : Hyper!
coolest guy of e+ : okinex!

drill@quakelive

1) cl_avidemo "x"

- capturing tga's into screenshot directory.

x - number of fps. Minimal is 25 fps, if more then smoother video.

2) VirtualDub (http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/)

- From tga's to avi.

note. You can choose how much fps you want to render.

If you captured demo at 25 fps - recommending output avi at 25 too. (25 fps is minimal)
If you captured demo at 200 fps - for additional editing you can choose from same source (200 fps) or 100 fps.

xXx

i did it so first make demo than use fraps/gamecam than load the demo in a movie maker program and that u can saved @ avi or other video format gl Winking

GASP
f1x's picture

Thank you :thumbright:

Topic closed.

[MR.]DOCTOR
DoctoR-PHC's picture

noooo, dont close topic!

have the problem - made 2 short videos, 1st with /timescale 1 and 2nd with .3 - avidemo was recorded with 25/30 fps (dont remember) but i'm sure that output fps is the same... timescale 1 looks too fast then real gameplay and with 0.3 looks like laggy Sad

p.s. using VirtualDub

attached videos...

drill@quakelive
+DoctoR+PHC wrote:

noooo, dont close topic!

have the problem - made 2 short videos, 1st with /timescale 1 and 2nd with .3 - avidemo was recorded with 25/30 fps (dont remember) but i'm sure that output fps is the same... timescale 1 looks too fast then real gameplay and with 0.3 looks like laggy Sad

p.s. using VirtualDub

attached videos...

In first demo (timescale1) you used standard timescale 1 - so it is default for q3. There souldnt be problem if u used same fps (check again). I noticed video is in 25.00 fps but you didnt write how much fps u captured screenshots.

In second u used timescale 0.3 so u captured more fps in time like in your previous one (timescale1.mp4) video. It isnt laggy, they are just more FPS thats why it is going slower.

Cant get why u used timescale as well, if you want smoother video, set avidemo to higher value, not lowering timescale.

From Vdub u got mp4 format ? Smug

When u explain me why u used timescale and how you got mp4 format from Vdub i will tell you exactly where u made mistake. I know it already Doc Happy but wanna know find point in it Smug

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
# dm_68 to avi #

how to put jpegs together into a movie?
since i wanted to try such a nice 1000fps capture.
btw, i dont know if i have to render first the 1000jpeg/s into 25 tgas or if its done after capping.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."