CTF [MADNESS 4] CUP

133 replies [Last post]
-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant
[MR.]MIXERX wrote:

ZoO in. Currently Equilibrium, MixerX, Tyrant, Warnerman, Ska, Bonnie, Clyde, Steff, Nether, Khaazar.

If we're actually going 5 teams in, after talking to WsS we advise changing the tournament format to include any sort of play-offs afterwards. Either 1 final round (1 more match) or 4 teams into semifinals (2 more matches). What do you all think?

Maybe all it needs is something like this?

http://www.printyourbrackets.com/images/5teamroundrobinthumb%20copy.jpg

What do you think, is this fair?

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey

[MR.]MIXERX

My point was to have us play more matches Happy. Also play-offs would make it more fair since I assume a lot of people will need some time to get the dust off them. Then the results wouldn't depend that much on the schedule.

Jabs
Re: CTF [MADNESS 4] CUP

edit: Maybe not :o

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant
[MR.]MIXERX wrote:

My point was to have us play more matches Happy. Also play-offs would make it more fair since I assume a lot of people will need some time to get the dust off them. Then the results wouldn't depend that much on the schedule.

As long as every team gets a chance to play every other team i think that'll be best. That's how it works for most football tournaments (world cup starts with groups, then moves to knockout). I guess we also have to think how long will the teams manage to stay active for? The last thing we want is a cup that goes on for 3 months and people lose interest and start to claim wins by WO... Can you show a diagram that explains what you wanna go with?

Jabs wrote:

Just an idea (which I think isn't really fair for the winner of the upper bracket cause they have to win twice)

It will probably be easier to just make it straight knockout after the intial group games...

Either way, not my cup to organise, so happy to go with whatever... as long as it's been thought about Happy

Jabs

Yeah, a normal semi final seems better :p. 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd, then the final

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

i think that'll work nicely yeah. Is it going to be 1 week rounds? That'll mean the whole thing will be done in 7 weeks with this plan. Unless we think that is too long?

|¯FC_| Suchspeed<-

Well, what tyrant posted with brackets looks ok. but i was thinking this cup this way(just to make every team face everyone):
Let's use LSF as example:
LSF VS 1 - LSF VS 2 - LSF VS 3 - LSF VS 4 - then after facing everyone, have 2nd chance and again the same:
LSF VS 1 - LSF VS 2 - LSF VS 3 - LSF VS 4 - Just to make it kinda league. I mean, by points. not elimination. so more long cup.
I didnt think about week breaks, hmm, but would be good idea. Actually i just thought that way.If u got better ideas, pls do it with brackets and post it, i actually can't read any other comments bcuz got big headache lol

Aero wrote:
who enters into my anus kurwa!!!!!

[MR.]MIXERX

You guys make it so complicated, I proposed a simple thing Big grin. 5 teams, round robin (lsf - team1, lsf - team2, lsf - team3, lsf - team4, lsf - break), then semifinals team 1 - team 4, team 2 - team 3, then finals/third place match.

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant
[MR.]MIXERX wrote:

You guys make it so complicated, I proposed a simple thing Big grin. 5 teams, round robin (lsf - team1, lsf - team2, lsf - team3, lsf - team4, lsf - break), then semifinals team 1 - team 4, team 2 - team 3, then finals/third place match.

this is exactly what im suggesting, just didnt mention the 3rd place match

bax i thought we agreed on the server that playing everyone twice, with week breaks means that it goes on for months... do a vote?

Jabs

Round robin + Semi final visualised - http://www.meinspielplan.de/plan/dBmqZr