7 years....

80 replies [Last post]
EQUILIBRIUM
telox's picture
Re: 7 years....

It's always fun to remember the good old times when the sun shone brighter and the grass was greener. I look back at the starting years of my E+ carrier as at something holy, it used to be so much more fun than now. I used to learn new things every day, every hour.

Greetings to everyone who is still around and to everyone who still remembers this old game.

Just some names to mention: Warnerman, Sonic, Menjek, Plastrom, Menphis, Aliminium, Seth, Shazy (SWE), Xab, Mole, Anemic, Faith, Trance, Joreji, Antifa, Reno, Saint, Tyrant, Lady Sunshine, HQ, Hard, Goof, Bert, Sriam, Atwa, Zoomer, Iz, Stikkan, Su!, Kokain, Maniek, Mowly, Odin, Johnathan, Deadbow, Talix....

----------------------
|ZOO| team - Connecting people.

plastrom
[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

2005 represent, school computers had q3 installed.

Funny I felt as a total newbie back then, and did for some years after.
2fast4you!?!
Broken
Mobz!
Stollo
Super.Bo

And before that there were mythical players like Aliensummoner or Ogre. I guess like Hard is a myth to players nowadays.

early 2005, BRO CTF, Mayhem Man, Model Uriel
so many useless facts stored in brain.

and hi eq Happy

snsktt
angydee's picture

congrats old rugs ^^
old times > new times

och en liten, liten runk..

*ZMB*KENSHIRO*
HK_Kenshiro's picture
snsktt wrote:

congrats old rugs ^^
old times > new times

For sure my connie!

You 're already dead!

EQUILIBRIUM
telox's picture
plastrom wrote:

early 2005, BRO CTF, Mayhem Man, Model Uriel
so many useless facts stored in brain.

and hi eq Happy

Hey there, man! Nice to cu! Happy Mayhem Man ofc too, aka Mircwar, we spent a lot of time playing with him at the start of my quake carrier.

----------------------
|ZOO| team - Connecting people.

rage+
Forum moderator
Zack's picture

bunch of old farts Laughing

equinox

blablabla ... old times are better... blablabla ... old times are always better....blablabla
and when present time becomes old times, in future , you will say it again: "old times were better". I don't understand how come that kind of attitude is helping people to grow and improve themselves, when everyone is always stuck in the past, which doesn't exist anymore, and never will again, ffs...
I have one message to all of you who are saying that old times were better: "go ahaid, play ,and live your lives in the old times. And grab me some Coca Cola from 70's i've heard that its taste was much better than it is now. Send me via fed-ex ( for time travelling shipments, you pay half the charge") Happy

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture

in terms of e+, yes the old times were better.
generally i agree its a dangerous attitude and i won't ever use that sentence in a general way, but definetely for e+ Winking

MOJOJOJO
MOJOJOJO's picture

I started this mod in 2006. and more ppl played this game. FFA servers was never empty. Nowdays we have no FFA servers. Big respect for Asphyx bcuz he organize the fragfest:)

[MR.]RIDDLER

Late '07 for me, modless for a few months until a certain Wax told me to get my ass here. That's the biggest difference for me - the people back then were generally a hell of a lot more friendly and helped newbies integrate. Nowadays the majority don't give a toss when some new guy asks for help on server... /ignore cos ya'll too cool for school.

FFA servers were just plain awesome too. newgods @ Zmb/Def FFA = Thumbs up.
Also same goes for CTF. "FFF Cap Da Ballz" was so damn fun!

I kinda regret not finding this place earlier (Mirc's told me some great memories Big grin) but 7+ years playing the same game is pretty hardcore. Well done you guys!