256MB RAM & No lag?

11 replies [Last post]
.ALIAS.
I put up a server today, after my connection got upgraded to 12mbps, and i can run a server with 256mb of ram, and access my desktop, play quake, and anything Big grin. Is it just because i'm playing on it and when other people come on it will lag? It tells me in the lagometer when i connect on the same pc, that i have "-0" ms..

.ALIAS.

It seems to work fine, but sometimes it starts to lag when i add some bots in, but other times, i can add 7 bots, and be playing against a real person.

Also, is it ok that with quake, the server, and msn on, its using 100% of my CPU?

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

Frankly quake should be eating most of your cpu. server too.

and msn will do it anyway Big grin

so nothing to worry about, quake just uses as much of the system as it can.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

.ALIAS.

Ok, thanks foksie. I found out that if you want the lowest ping use < 125 FPS, I have a 0 - 12 ping on my own server with 220 - 300fps Happy

*A*C|_ASS*???2JR
nic4evercool's picture

Some1 told me too that it depends of the server, because it can be Dedicated server or Pure server. I think dedicated servers uses less CPU resources. but do some research i'm not so sure, i'm just giving u some hints...peace...

*A*C|_ASS*???2JR wrote:
Sex is a sensation caused by temptation of a guy sticking his location into a girl's destination to increase the population of the next generation. Do you understand my explanation or do you need a demonstration? Big grin ...peace...

.ALIAS.

hmm..now when i add like 8 bots, my ping goes up to 0 - 24, but in the lagometer, its around 2ms, and i have a little lag, is that normal?

.ALIAS.

lol more problems..

I get this message, but no one is using rcon.."Bad rcon from 85.25.130.224:55720:
rawstatus"

"Client 24 connecting with 9300 challenge ping" Also :'(

.ALIAS.

It lags sometimes because of my ram, what programs can I shut down to improve my performance? I need norton running.

Explorer.exe
svchost.exe (6
SymWSC.exe
ccApp.exe
NAVAPSVC.EXE
csrss.exe
services.exe
taskmgr.exe
nvsvc32.exe
lsass.exe
devldr32.exe
wowexec.exe
ntvdm.exe
winlogon.exe
ccEvtMgr.exe
spoolsv.exe
alg.exe
wdfmgr.exe
System
smss.exe
System Idel Processes

I'm on a Network, so i think i need some of that stuff

slan
slan's picture

For sure u could disable 20-30 system services to free memory. Google for it, and "windows optimization" or sth

.ALIAS. wrote:

I need norton running.

Omg, what for? If ye need AV, then install NOD32, and OutpostFirewall, they're fastest.

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Quote:
Alias wrote: I'm a Network

So, you're like, AI or something? Hmm, maybe government controlled Echelon... or like Zax from F1. You play chess? Big grin

Wait, i should be scared.

*runs away*

.ALIAS.

lol i forgot the "on" Big grin