1.02b -> 1.03 craziness

8 replies [Last post]
RATSALAD
ratsalad's picture
Okay, I've got a rather odd problem with a server I'm running. Upgraded to 1.03 with the package for upgrading from the previous version. When you connect to the server, you get a 989ms ping within seconds, can't do anything. Though, it works if you use rcon to restart_map. The first map in my rotation is q3dm3, for the sake of giving more detail; though I doubt that has any significence.

There's nothing that I can see in the manual about changes to the rotation system or server.cfg. I would appreciate any ideas about how to solve this problem.

mow Q [EN]

mmmh, ever tryed to setup ur pakfiles new? btw, u need than just pak0 and pak3, all other paks u can delete.

XTERMY [EN]
XTERMY's picture

Seal have same problem as you, maybe he solved it

BUDMAN E+
Budman's picture

You don't need to install the entire exe, just copy the pak files, that will elim that issue and not wipe out your config files.

RATSALAD
ratsalad's picture

I guess I should follow up on this, just in case someone else has had this problem, and has yet to find the solution.

The problem was the initial map at the bottom of server.cfg. In order to work properly it must remain test_bigbox. This doesn't actually load the map, it merely something for the server to start on (if that makes any sense).

Thanks to (HK)GodDaM for pointing this out.

EVOL.qXy
QXY's picture

It is occured for me sometimes when bot_minplayers was set to too high...

I think it was 4 slots, and bot_minplayers also 4 and gametype was FFA.

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture
RATSALAD wrote:

I guess I should follow up on this, just in case someone else has had this problem, and has yet to find the solution.

The problem was the initial map at the bottom of server.cfg. In order to work properly it must remain big_testbox. This doesn't actually load the map, it merely something for the server to start on (if that makes any sense).

Thanks to (HK)GodDaM for pointing this out.

Same probleme here, i think it's windows related...

I don't understand, i tryed with map big_testbox at the end of the server cfg, but i couldn't launch it ,it said i don't have the map, could you explain again plz, if i have to get the map or is it something else ?

RATSALAD
ratsalad's picture

Oops. sorry. the map at the bottom of server.cfg should be test_bigbox Laughing

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture

lol i'm stupid, i knew this map name wasn't unknown for me but i'm tired today :oops:
it works perfectly thx, but this trick is crazy Happy