Your 2007 Review

6 replies [Last post]
{D*R*T} ABSTI
Absti's picture
Heyo folks..

i'd like to ask you...what have been the events in 2007 that gave you an impact or which you most probably will still remember in some years?
On the one hand, concidering E+ of course, but as well on the other hand reflecting life in general and things that happened all over the world or in your place!

For me, on E+ side...

There were some fuckin kickass wars, many nice people that joined, but still there were some leaving..
Great league we have...only sad that some clans like Lemon or SWE don't take part in this years competition...
It was not so cool to see many ppl having personal issues..like MOW (i miss your provocating posts dude! Big grin) and mullder, both mature persons but still argueing, well, no offense, like little boys Winking
One other story which gave me some kinda impact was that Zoomer gone to prison without being faulty...and ppl gave him best wishes..this is what community is about Tongue
Anyway..e+ was always a place where ppl liked to argue..and well this makes it more entertaining doesn't it?? Winking Otherwise would be boring...
For me, what i will remember are the wars with DS in the first part of the year, where we had several times only one frag difference Big grin This is actually really funny to have 1 more frag within like 1000 kills Big grin
What i wish for next year is that next release will be better because i still thing like lot of other ppl that 1.02 was better...game is continiously being driven to a slower and less intensive but more campy gameplay..well, ofc there must be ppl that like it..i'm not part of them..

Ok now...with real life...what will i remember..
Well, first of all the G8 conference which was in my hometown and which maked it feel like living in war area...troops of police fighting troops of demonstators, burning cars which i could see out of my place Smug Hilarous all in all, still it makes me proud a bit Big grin Tongue
Next thing is that the soccer club of this hometown finally came up to the first german Bundesliga again...wahahahaaa that was a party Big grin Next year champions league!! Tongue No..but it's amazing that really the whole city is behind the club, fan culture is really excellent in this club, i love it..
Next one's i will remember, Germany is Handball world champion, which nobody would have placed a bet for before the tourney!! Great one i say..sorry my Polish friends for the final..but next time Winking
And one more..Germans women won the World Cup without even getting one goal Big grin That was veryyy impressive to see too...still now the next time they can't do better anymore Winking

For politics...well i must often thing for you people when i see politians in the news..like i must thing what maybe the French people say when they see Mr. Sarkouzy as media star...what Polish people might thing about their brothers formerly governing, what English thing when they see one of their royals behaving unroyal one more time, what Russian people say to the democracy in their country and so on and so on...just maybe everybody could write some remark to political situation in their country...im interested because i see it in the news often, but it's always like "the official opinion"..i want to hear some non-offcials, normal people Winking

For Germany...well, politians do not make such difference these days, Merkel managed to calm down everything..people still complaining but everyday its going worse and worse, but in fact it's just crap because they live such a good life and don't really accept it..

Ah and personally for me...i lost my driver's licence..FUCK!! But i will get it back Winking

OK so now it's your turn...write what you want...HOW WAS YOUR 2007??!? Happy

Best Regards,
Absti Cool

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Ha, to round all of the shit up.

Regarding E+, the forum and the game: 2007 came at me, making me realize, i like to play E+ less and less, much like people making this community made me realize i like to post on the forums less and less. We finally got something moving in the 1.04 case, but looks like it will not be released before 2008.

For this year, I'd have to say E+ has been going slowly, but steadily, downhill. Some nice clans died, including DEVA, WASP (well, not died entirely, more like had a seizure and organ transplant), Ninja, NTG, ED... more clans falling into the abyss of inactivity, with some of them seemingly dead (like SWE).

There was also a good dose of hilarity and absurd around here, like Rena leaving the rank mod job not once, but twice, Shady becoming one of the trolls he used to so cheerfully flame, Dak-a-riN assuming the role of E+'s prime anarchist slash village idiot, DeeX coming back and disappearing again..

And, the most hilarious of all, me utterly failing at making this place tidier. Not like it's really possible, anyway, but looking back, i was a moron for even trying. Wasted efforts hurt the most, especially if you get assholes throwing shit your way all the time through it. Fuck you very much, guys (the assholes, not everyone in general Tongue <3 or at least not hate the rest).

So what is the year 2007 in E+ for me? Except for joining 2!S, which was the smartest thing I've ever done around here (except for giving playing E+ a rest), it was a roll through burning oil while being wrapped in tin foil and having arms and legs cut off. It's this mod dying, and more importantly, the communal values dying faster than it. Maybe i simply got disillusioned as opposed to the year 2006 when i still actively played this game, but i really feel that year 2007 is under the sign of ego-tripping, and putting personal interest ahead of community's interest.

On a less depressing note, it's been inspiring to see people working their asses off for the betterment of the whole, people like Foksie who organized tourney after tourney, the #e+pickup team which organized the best thing that ever happened here (of course, it died, what a surprise), Extreme, Faith and the rest who pulled off the leagues and whatnot.

2007 on a personal level was not bad. I will not go into any details in public, but, aside from summer, which was horrifyingly disappointing, i count this year as a good one. 2007 was also a good year music wise, truckloads of great albums, demos and ep's came my way, and almost none of them were bad.

Politics - PO won the elections in Poland! And there was a big frequency to the poll, too. PiS being left rotting in the gutter makes me do the monkey dance. Now, finally, we can re-build our relationship with Germany and Russia. I hope the anti-missile shield project will get canned, too.

Guess that's all.

ALEX.K

Nice shit posted..
Not really like my post will change anything but i still will sit and write it.

2007 Happy

I think this wasnt a very good year, since i see all the time that e+ is somehow been left alone, i a few years ago very much sympathysed this comunity, and being a small boy showed that with my own big egoism and dumness, dont know how it looks now. its sad that the plus team isnt back.. its sad that there arent many people that *can* help e+ grow - get the next release done.. and in general get to be a more civilized comunity.. since the game this mod was made isnt a simcity game.. but a game that doesnt react on smaller generations and it leaves a false and a very wrong point of view in them, there are plp who want to get this mod grow, but cant?
I am sad that people like madbringer (though i dont <3 or anything him), or like Aliminium, oldvamp, leave this mod (somehow)..
I must say that comunitys like this (with the comming of newer games) die out, though i am sure that half of this comunity doesnt give a damn (my own opinion) if it just diesapears, and then easy comes back and sees nobody.
In general comunitys like theese do die out of freak out totaly (once the grown 20+ <years> me give you money, i your friend <-..)
I havent got real friends, in school i have a dum reputation of a not very good student, but with lets say 7-10 programm learning (not talking about marks), thats why i *may have some kind of bonding to this comunity and to certain people that i have meeted in real life, and which i know for a few years now, thanks to e+.

And i hope we stay together for time..
About my personal shit, this year wasnt the of the best i had.. im still going up in height.. im still having probs with my pc, im still not a great student, im still not doing anything to really help people, i still feel sadness all the time, and i look like a shizophren on this board Happy
Anyway, Thanks e+, and i hope to stay together!....
In General the year for me was not very good, i hope it was better for you!

Thanks..
Alex
Winking

FIREFOX
FIREFOX's picture

2007 on a personal level for me
My neice Claire had an ectopic pregnancy and lost the baby.
My Aunt Irene collapsed at her home was found the next day and died after 2 weeks in hospital.
My dog Pebbles became sick, we eventually discovered she had cancer of the spleen and liver, we had to euthanise her at home.
My Aunt Sadie at the age of 81 crashed her car, she subsequently suffered a pulmonary embolism which caused a heart attack, we thought she was going to die. She came home on xmas eve.
My Uncle Joe had to have an operation on his back.
My mum is sick at the moment

So as you can see 2007 kinda sucks for me and my family Sad
I dont see why 2008 should be any differant just an 8 on the end instead of a 7
Sorry if I bored anyone
Regards

2!S*LEUKOTHEA!
Leukothea's picture
FIREFOX wrote:

My Aunt Irene collapsed at her home was found the next day and died after 2 weeks in hospital.
My dog Pebbles became sick, we eventually discovered she had cancer of the spleen and liver, we had to euthanise her at home.
My Aunt Sadie at the age of 81 crashed her car, she subsequently suffered a pulmonary embolism which caused a heart attack, we thought she was going to die. She came home on xmas eve.

Sorry if I bored anyone
Regards

Hang on Foxy
Kiss

madbringer wrote:

Except for joining 2!S, which was the smartest thing I've ever done around here

2007 on a personal level was not bad. I will not go into any details in public, but, aside from summer, which was horrifyingly disappointing, i count this year as a good one.

Hoping for a better summer this time Winking
<3

Sug min fitta.
Join irc channels: #2!Sweet | #m0ve | #e+pickup

Lakitu
FIREFOX wrote:

Sorry if I bored anyone
Regards

Aw, that's sooo sad - I hope it gets better through 2008 and remember to be an optimist!

2007 hasn't been that bad in my point of view. Both in real life and the e+ "life", though I have to say it's sad to see some clans die and players leave (I hope Necro and Torz will come back soon). A new config has been born and that was m0ve. I like it very much, maybe even more than plus and I hope m0ve will be used much in rankings, but to be honest, I don't think so. At least I'll try to make somebody in OSC to join me (And I'm pretty sure DRT wants to play a game). 2!S freeze isn't as active as it used to be when I was a noob. I remember the first time I got there, everybody was so friendly and it was always full, now it seems to slowly die. I've got the chance to say my honest opinion about some players and it feels good to finally have said it, but I've begun to tolerate Skull more and more as I don't see much of his stupid side anymore.
I began to play defrag in this year too and my strafing has become much better (I can now do the first nightmare-strafe on xcm_tricks2 - Before, I couldn't even do the first one in the beginner-strafe). I haven't played defrag since a month or two 'cause something has happened with it. I think I have to reinstall it, but I've never come that far.

I've done well with the grades on school in my opinion, though I must admit I didn't do much of the homework, but the teachers didn't seem to discover it either so I doubt it affected my grades. The musical part has also been pretty good. Loads of good CD's was released, like Timbaland's "Shock Value" (which is my favourite of all-time).

shellingjoke
shellingjoke's picture

aww foxy, poor you Sad
but you know im there for you, we kind of lost the contact lately, so it would be nice to stay in touch in 2008 Winking

2007 passed by like nothing, if you ask me, i remember the 06/07-party as if it was yesterday, lol...

nothing really special happened in my life, actually^^
the first month was pretty usual, nothing worth talking about, in february i turned 17 and i finally had the chance to get my drivers licence - though the next possible date for the "exam" was march, 28th.
so in march i got my drivers licence and that was a nice turn in my life - at last i had so much more liberty and i felt alive again for some weeks Happy
in the late spring i had some problems with the police due to some alcohol abuse and (as a following) a riot ^^
in july the summer-holidays began and i felt so happy about it, finally getting rid of all these annoying school-"mates" and being on your own for some time *sigh* that was soooo nice, but - how could it be else - the time passed and i had to start my (hopefully) final schoolyear, i was pretty encouraged in the beginning, but seeing all my classmates just made me feel down a bit again and it was not really a pleasent time at all..
as time passed i felt less and less motivated, especially concerning school, but when the first tests came up i put myself together and studied to get some good marks, i dont want to repeat this class ^^
it went pretty well until i found out my spanish- and english-class marks, they really put me down and some personal issues happened too in that period of time and i didnt find the strength to step back up again yet, and i dont feel as if that time would come soon, so im just pissed off 24/7 atm but w/e
soon after that i found out that one of my best friends had really big problems and was close to commiting suicide, and really down but i managed to put her back up and by now she feels quite a lot better i suppose
the christmas holidays were really nice, i at last was alone once again and could do what i wanted to do, and nothing else, but the time that i suddenly had left each day made me think about a couple of things even more and it made me feel even worse, lol ^^

so all in all it was a pretty common year, it had good parts and bad parts, the drivers licence was a really big step towards being grown-up and the fact that this might be my last year at school keeps my hope alive and makes me stand up every morning ^^

I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every penguin that didnt wanna screw to save its species.