Cheater Report Discussion

2251 replies [Last post]
rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Re: Cheater Report Discussion

ok guys, since everyone plays so innocent here lets actually correct that.
Hands up who cheated vs human players online in any game.

@q3fan: PB is the first thing that helps us vs tons of old cheats out there - you shouldn't ignore its effectiveness. Especially since Q3 is open source.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

/
q3fun's picture

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture
/ wrote:

RIX!·SOUL· wrote:
now i find bopohs stance

my stance
1. PunkBuster outdated
2. Rank rules should be reconsidered, may be PunkBuster replaced by a more reliable program anti cheater.
3. Rank-ban should receive only a true cheater.

that's a totally acceptable proposition and not what i find funny about the situation.
2. is pretty unrealistic though, unfortunately. no one will take the time to develop this for a 146 year old game and the last time someone tried we got the incredible AWH. so i agree with skull here that pb at least filters some cheats and we should keep it because there won't be any alternatives. i agree with 3. but of course it's a matter of defining the ways to determine who's a cheater and who isn't and i think a legit pb kick is as good as it gets.

/
q3fun's picture

damn, back to where we started... some use soundhack and have yellow card, no pb-kick... malombo got a pb-kick and have red card... interesting what game-hook he can use on instagib fun-war. I personally remember got a pb-kick out of the inclusion of anti-virus...

3m'genesis
G3n3sis's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

ok guys, since everyone plays so innocent here lets actually correct that.
Hands up who cheated vs human players online in any game.

@q3fan: PB is the first thing that helps us vs tons of old cheats out there - you shouldn't ignore its effectiveness. Especially since Q3 is open source.

i used codes in gta san andreas when i was 12 , it was amazing Happy (not on multiplayer) would do it again

BAC**TRB
trb's picture

silence is better than bullshit

Loxotron

Actually we don't need to filter out the old hacks, because the players who wants to cheat will find the new ones anyway, so pb just gives lags to the legit players while not defending at all - so i will agree with bopoh here to turn this shit off.

AWH is just broken so better to turn it off also.

The game is damn old and i doubt there is any point for cheaters to stick around at this place while there are popular games like CS on the market, where you can be annoying way more then here....

Just reporting suspicious players and watching their demos from cw's would be totally enough for recent state of the game.

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture
Loxotron wrote:

Actually we don't need to filter out the old hacks, because the players who wants to cheat will find the new ones anyway, so pb just gives lags to the legit players while not defending at all - so i will agree with bopoh here to turn this shit off.

AWH is just broken so better to turn it off also.

The game is damn old and i doubt there is any point for cheaters to stick around at this place while there are popular games like CS on the market, where you can be annoying way more then here....

Just reporting suspicious players and watching their demos from cw's would be totally enough for recent state of the game.

also a good argument, im very 50/50 about this thing. i mean ive always been against AWH because its just not working properly. pb is a different thing, i personally dont think its very annoying and i guess it still has some kind of value even if not too much.
realistically we could abandon the whole ref/rank/pb/rules system completely and just play and it wouldnt make a difference. we only like to keep the illusion/feeling alive that what we are doing in this obscure quake 3 mod somehow matters. i think i drifted apart from the subject there^^

/
q3fun's picture
RIX!·SOUL· wrote:

AWH because it's just not working properly.

There are no active developers. Why do not we invite VIOLENCE to this position. AWH he invented, EASY just implement it in mod, and add xp_improvePrediction (that there is a great idea). I do not know, perhaps there are still other programmers.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Re: Cheater Report Discussion
/ wrote:

RIX!·SOUL· wrote:
AWH because it's just not working properly.

There are no active developers. Why do not we invite VIOLENCE to this position. AWH he invented, EASY just implement it in mod, and add xp_improvePrediction (that there is a great idea). I do not know, perhaps there are still other programmers.

Wowowowo - HALT

1. There are no active developers - true
2. Violence didn't invent AWH, he just implented it in ioq3
3. Easy didn't implent violence AWH, he implented his own version due to his fear of being outscored by violence which is complete bullshit.
4. XP_Improveprediction was implented by beast+ before e+2.2 by my demand about showing stable pop up bugs in this mod. AntiWH ruined this
5. There were other programmers, but easy is so inactive that these programmers stopped asking him and did 'illegal' stuff to fork a better version of this mod.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."