:: MASTERS CUP 2006 ::

59 replies [Last post]
ghost wrote:

btw ratz, congratz and gg to lem (about lutf round 1, they wasynt in good lineup but still beating them have huge value)

Thx HQ,I'm so sad I missed that match,ping 175 forced me to miss it Confused

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture

well, I aggree to keep total rank unlimited on time.( like said, to see total efforts done )

I haven't seen result of mixed wars ... ?

To reset specific gametypes scores by year is good if only we instore a real league system:

- clans register on the gametype before the annual leagues start. - if a clan register in Freeze, it must play agaisnt all registered freeze clans 2 times (1 with the cfg and server choice of the host, and the second with the cfg and server choice of the other team - like in football).
    - a clan could register to all the gametypes. ( for example, XP doesn't play TDM cws, so no need to register on it).

the specified games could be played at any time on the year, but if not played by the end of the year, it depends on exceptionnal cases, that are dicussable :

- a clan X has refused to play more cws on the league or the clan has dead, if cws already played, all the registered clans on the league has like 6 maps won (as 2 games per cw) - a clan X that has refused to play with a clan Y on Y's config and server has like lost the games and Y has then 3maps won.
    - a game that haven't be done from both clans X and Y by the end of the year is like a draw if none of them has claimed about it.

what I have meant by config and server, is related about the game config ofc ( ff on or not, 3rd map, and so on...) .

As I said that's only my vision of a real league per gametype and it's discussable.
And for me to have on a year 2 games against a clan is enough as there would be about 20 clans in a gametype ( I hope same on ctf )

one of the good points is that clans haven't to seek who wanna play with them, but have already a list of clans they will play with and have the choice about with who to start Happy

maybe one year is enough time for that, but it could be 6 months

what do you think about :roll: ?

[/][/]

Wanna avoid seeying mow, skull & co Surprise

Check this peacefull place

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture

Arrow Off topic. Thinking

BBSQUAD CLAN
- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die...

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture
RENA * BBSQUAD wrote:

Arrow OK, I understand your's comments. Then we will put this in other flow. Rank remain neverendless (no reset). I will also run per year bases ranks anualy (all clans start from ZERO). After each season where from rank rank leader will invite top 8 clans from rank ladders to play "E+ Masters Cup" like Masters in tenis. And will be played in january. If some clans will not comme, then invitation goes lower then number 8 and so on. It is now fited in all desires or needs. Anyway, anyhow that E+ Masters Cup which MASTERS word describe fight 8 bests in ranking for crown and ranking show real strangt of clans... Idea Cool

-EDIT-
I WILL CHANGE TREAD HEADER

Best regards

that's close to what i asked for, but i just think that 8 is too much. How many clan in bro rank ?30
8 is just more than 1/4 of the total clans here. Not very interesting imo, 6 is better, sry for HK no bad intensions toward u, i just believe 6 will be more interesting and give more prestige to this event.

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture

Arrow It is knockout sytem, not league system. Possible combinations are 2, 4, 8, 16, 32.... Obviously 4 is to small 16 is to much. 8 is reasonable.
Regards

BBSQUAD CLAN

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O
vroomfoondel's picture

elitism...always great to watch...

#e+pickup #excessiveplus #class.clan

(HK) GoddaM
goddam's picture

seems a bit strange to think that SWE after having played 5 games in total rank have eligibility to compete in a cup compared to 2sweet for example who cannot qualify after having been so much more active within the ranking.

torzelan.com
TorZelan's picture
*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O wrote:

elitism...always great to watch...

Agree, unless my sarcasm-o-meter that just exploded was correct. Happy

"The elite" is what most people are interested in following and therefore also something for the not-yet-elite to strive for. Also nothing that stops anyone from doing a "Non-masters Cup" I guess Happy Nothing unfair in this type of "elitism".

(HK) GoddaM wrote:

seems a bit strange to think that SWE after having played 5 games in total rank have eligibility to compete in a cup compared to 2sweet for example who cannot qualify after having been so much more active within the ranking.

How is it strange that one clan is "invited" over another to something which (as far as I've understood it) is about being "the best" when that one clan is, black on white, placed higher? (Shouldn't be neccessary, but can also mention 1005 - 347 in score last clash)

A discussion I've been in a lot as leader of my SoF2 clan and playing the EuroCup many times. We were inactive for over a season when EC XI started and people bitched that we shouldn't be invited over teams that were a lot more active, but it's not about the most active, it's about the best, and we won that proving it correct. Then we we didn't play anything until EC XII - exact repetition of the story. EC XIII - same again Happy (Now we have EC XIV coming up... eek Big grin) Now, 2!s is a great clan and all and I really hope they don't take offence by this but seriously, how does it not make sense to have *SWE* in over 2!s in an invite cup which is about (quote, just to make sure):

RENA * BBSQUAD wrote:

E+ Masters Cup which MASTERS word describe fight 8 bests in ranking for crown and ranking show real strangt of clans... Idea Cool

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture
(HK) GoddaM wrote:

Arrow System is maded to measure real strenght of clans ie. FIFA have or Tenis organisation. Masters is cup of 8 strongest simple as that. System is maded by comunity on 10 pages of discussion.

Other thing is that 2!Sweet will be invited for "E+ MASTERS CTF" because they are on #2 position wit same points as )NWC( in fact there are clans which havent points and will be invited to "E+ MASTERS CTF". CTF was less played and there is chance for clans to make progress and be invited to "E+ MASTERS CTF".

For all rankings have alot time till end of 2006 and system allow clans to earn huge points if they have power to won higher clans and break trough barier of possition 8.
Best regards

BBSQUAD CLAN

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O
vroomfoondel's picture

rofl..well i WAS being sacrcastic (or trying..at any rate)....

we can all go on debating this..but frankly i couldn't care less...u guys wanna have the top "8" clans have a cup of their own go right ahead...but dont try to pull it over us as some sort of rational ranking championship..its not...its just another cup, only it happens to have a restricted entry list...

the phrase that pops up into my mind on reading the posts in this topic is - intellectual masturbation..only it isnt defined for quake so guess we can call it quake masturbation...

edit: whoops just realized that last para MITE be considered as "flaming"...just to clarify the term intellectual masturbation can be loosely defined as talking to hear your own voice or engaging in discussions which are wholly pointless..

o and btw torz the reason y i called it elitist and the reason y saying u can always have a "non-masters" cup is rather besides the point is that this topic is in clan ranking and not in general discussion...in other words we're effectively giving this cup official sanction..which to me is BS but whatever.

#e+pickup #excessiveplus #class.clan