:: MASTERS CUP 2006 ::

59 replies [Last post]
"C4-KICKZ"
KickZ's picture

maybe I am too simple for this...but how about:

RANKING is neverending for all gametypes and only LEAGUE has a winner.

RANKING gives impression of total efforts of a clan. It also gives hope, like HQ said, to new clans.

LEAGUE is ending and in the end there is a winner.

Even tough i take E+, the community and you all very seriously, I would also like to have some flexibility and less MUST_HAVE wars. LEAGUE=MUST HAVE, RANKING=for the clans EGO...

Can someone live with my simple thoughts? Winking

KX

<drt_nihil> we about wolf and wolf is here

(@enha) damn you, people are dancing, instead of work
(@drt_foksie) she mutated

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture
"C4-KICKZ" wrote:

maybe I am too simple for this...but how about:

RANKING is neverending for all gametypes and only LEAGUE has a winner.

RANKING gives impression of total efforts of a clan. It also gives hope, like HQ said, to new clans.

LEAGUE is ending and in the end there is a winner.

Even tough i take E+, the community and you all very seriously, I would also like to have some flexibility and less MUST_HAVE wars. LEAGUE=MUST HAVE, RANKING=for the clans EGO...

Can someone live with my simple thoughts? Winking

KX

Arrow Nobody force anybody on anything. Here what I wrote to head post is propousal, as you can see it is verry seriously written and I put in it all my experiance from running rank and World Cup. So, I also take comunity seriously as you do. Here is forum to all people can speak and put it their opinions. I looking forward for more opinions. Also you can also see that I am chosen by comunity and I am glad that comunity trust me and I do my best to serve comunity. Recently we have voting about mixed CWs, comunity decide on verry democratic way.

In head post I wrote reasons why I suggest playoffs. Is not because of more games, it is about pure decision who was the best in year 2006.

I can feel that will be verry close in this year and looking on TDM league will be so tight, and all then will depence about league schedule. Some strong clans have harder scedule and have those CWs in current year, some havent. To be totaly fair and dont depend of schedule luck or capšabilities of negotiating CWs beside league I suggest that playoffs as most fair decision in my humble opinion.

Lets say that I am verry good informed and I will gladly shere all info about matter with you people.
Best regards.

BBSQUAD CLAN
- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die...

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O
vroomfoondel's picture

yup i agree with hq and kickz...rena the difference between the nba system and the clan ranking system is that the nba system is NOT a ranking system..its just a league! theyre only worried about who in a particular season will be the best team....also such systems as nba are for teams that are guaranteed to play every other team...since all the top 8 teams, if i remember right, are in the tdm league anyway and they're going to play head to head there what is the point of having another cup? and don't tell me pls that it is for deciding the ranking champion for the year 2006....pointless if u ask me...

also hq when i supported the reset to 0 idea what i was suggesting was that we maintain the normal, current ranking system but also perhaps maintain the records for the year so that at the end of the year we can tell who had the best performance in that particular year...

#e+pickup #excessiveplus #class.clan

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture
*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O wrote:

yup i agree with hq and kickz...rena the difference between the nba system and the clan ranking system is that the nba system is NOT a ranking system..its just a league! theyre only worried about who in a particular season will be the best team....also such systems as nba are for teams that are guaranteed to play every other team...

Great, you just tell facts which are for my propousal Happy In E+ it is hard to organise and run league. Because of that mayor TITLE is ranking crown. league are enthusiastics and alot work on people which organise it... because in real life manny of us have alot work and obligations. So, league can be and it is optional... Also league can be only 10 clans for example (what about clans which arent in league)... Ranking is mayor competition for us (In it are all possible results, from all clans and all leagues ) . We addopt it to satisfy our needs (before you have 2 points for win). Despite having organisation and league NBA play playofs. For us is more then welcome playoffs because some clans play 30 cws, some 15.

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O wrote:

since all the top 8 teams, if i remember right, are in the tdm league anyway and they're going to play head to head there what is the point of having another cup? and don't tell me pls that it is for deciding the ranking champion for the year 2006....pointless if u ask me...

That is wasent true. Some clans have by pure luck harder opponents and have chance to earn alot points before end of year. Some by schedule have harder opponents after new year, pure luck in schedule of TDM league. Another thing is that will be now hunting top clans to find as much as they can CWs out of league to be first or higher ranked... Then will be also pure luck who will find more clans to beat and on that way win rank - mayor competition. Playofs is highly recomanded to avoid losing so much energy. DIRECT CLASH in arena ! After playoffs then nobody can any objections or moaning... As you can see playoffs can resolve all possible problems.

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O wrote:

also hq when i supported the reset to 0 idea what i was suggesting was that we maintain the normal, current ranking system but also perhaps maintain the records for the year so that at the end of the year we can tell who had the best performance in that particular year...

Can be aranged to running overall - neverending rank and ranking in particular year with no problems at all.... And I think that I will do that exactly... So, nobody then can compline on anything.

BBSQUAD CLAN

(HK) GoddaM
goddam's picture

just keep the ranking going as it is and if you wanna run a cup rena go for it you should be able to do a great job.

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture

I don't understand why rena you even could propose to reset the ranksystem after 2006 knowing how and why this ranking was created : it's not a league, so no seasons, so overall view of clans rank over more than 1 year, so no reset : for me it's a kind of pilar of the ranking system, it was one of the 1st thing we talked about when we created it and it should not be changed.

About play off, why not it could be an occasion to earn points for top teams and make the difference at the end of each year. There will be always a 2006 clan-rank winner the 31st december 2006 even if there is no official announcement about it.
I think such play off should have stay optionnal, only clan interested can register.

My advice : 6 first clans can play it , if some of those 6 firsts don't wanna play, then the 7th, and after the 8th can be asked if they wanna play to replace those who don't want etc etc
Sounds fair and interesting in my eyes Happy

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture
{D*R*T} BODZ! wrote:

I don't understand why rena you even could propose to reset the ranksystem after 2006 knowing how and why this ranking was created : it's not a league, so no seasons, so overall view of clans rank over more than 1 year, so no reset : for me it's a kind of pilar of the ranking system, it was one of the 1st thing we talked about when we created it and it should not be changed.

In my last post I say that I will reset rank system and run 2007 year from zero, but also in that post I notice that overall ranking will continue and be neverending. So, on that way we will have one neverending rank scoreboards and per each year. On that way we can then see performance per each year and continuously performances. Natural is that clans which have pour performances wanna reset and top 8 for example dont. Using both ranking dont devide comunity and is best solution for all.

BBSQUAD CLAN

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O
vroomfoondel's picture

yup i second that..also imo clan ranking should have a way to reflect the performance of the current players in the clan rather than the players who used to play years ago...thats another reason to have a separate year by year rank...its just a matter of recalculating from the dbase anyway...

#e+pickup #excessiveplus #class.clan

(HK) GoddaM
goddam's picture

if i remember correct - this years start position was calculated from last years rankings, am i correct?
if i am correct then that means it is all dependant on last seasons players... but this was the debate previously... is it a fact that the processes of the current ranking system need some initial input of figures as a comparrison from clan to clan or would first figures all me divisible / multiples of 0..? which makes no sense,

anyway whatever.... a clan cup would be nice and it would be great to see renas skill in setting up a system for an interclan elimination cup, not just first 8 though cause HK wanna play.. Big grin it would be nice to round off teh season with all clans who wanna take part come together..

Playoff cup is most fair imo and will give the most realistic image of who is really the best.So make a poll about it and also for number of clans that will participate.