Cheater Report Discussion

2251 replies [Last post]
3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture

@voron, yes since they want to implement it in next e+ version Big grin with bugs.

Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway

Loxotron

Since the chance of meeting the hacker on competitive scene is like 0.1%, i wonder why you want to ruin the game with this buggy anti wh for other 99,9% of players. This kind of implements will actually damage this mod even more then 1 uncaught hacker in few month. Better think how to improve game play and popularity of mod and make decent cups, way more useful time spending then being paranoid of cheaters. On quake 1.16 and quake live without anti cheat programs nobody on competitive scene gives a fuck about anti cheat, gather more players is way more important now, demos are perfectly enough to caught this rare guys.

cml
Forum moderator Rank moderator LIVING LEGEND
camel-xp's picture
Re: Cheater Report Discussion
Loxotron wrote:

Since the chance of meeting the hacker on competitive scene is like 0.1%, i wonder why you want to ruin the game with this buggy anti wh for other 99,9% of players. This kind of implements will actually damage this mod even more then 1 uncaught hacker in few month. Better think how to improve game play and popularity of mod and make decent cups, way more useful time spending then being paranoid of cheaters. On quake 1.16 and quake live without anti cheat programs nobody on competitive scene gives a fuck about anti cheat, gather more players is way more important now, demos are perfectly enough to caught this rare guys.

How can you say that if you cant even notice them, maybe you'll do when you will losse with someone a big score, then you would watch MVD and say 'yea, clear WH, ban him' as on last case with biwan@skull, just because it looks like WH doesnt mean it is a cheat, thats why there needs to be an system that can be turned ON/OFF to avoid possibility of WH and believe me theres plenty of them around us, maybe they doesnt use it, but they used it in past, we call them ex-cheaters and they are everywhere Happy

Also on newest E+ there will be added something to make your super fun gameplay, an useless additional statistics, so you will be able to look on your preety rail accuracy once gain more often to complete your competitive gamestyle and make it more popular by that ^^

echooo ^
echo's picture

better anticheat protection is very attractive, it can make this place more interesting for quake players than we imagine, i look forward to see it working. Smug

Loxotron

If cheaters exist in this huge amount how comes i am not owned by them? Am i better then cheater? Very pleased to hear this but its not true. And believe me this place can be interesting for players only if you make a real great cups specialy with prize pools.

zarzyn
zarzyn's picture

@camel How you can talk that crap. Demo with skull is 10 seconds long. And you try use it as a example. Lol. Read rules how wh should be catch. Sure one Euro cup is comming

Happy

BAC**TRB
trb's picture
Loxotron wrote:

this place can be interesting for players only if you make a real great cups specialy with prize pools.

+1

silence is better than bullshit

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

guys, stay on topic pls.
I already described the problem, it is the skillgap between players.
Antiwh by voron was made because his skill differs greatly from top players.
Antiwh by easy was made because he thought mod needs it.

There are no cheaters around atm (at least from my perspective), but stopping to look out for them makes people cheat out of curiosity.

Also we can only drop pb when we have a effective way to exclude all hacks caught by it - eventhough it causes us a lot of problems.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

/
q3fun's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

i can't translate... helping me

zarzyn
zarzyn's picture
/ wrote:

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

i can't translate... helping me

You are NOOB skull is pro. Your anti Wh help you (cause you noob) and kill skull aim (a bit )

Happy