Cheater Report Discussion

2251 replies [Last post]
Jabs
Re: Cheater Report Discussion
oldskool'shox wrote:

after i confronted you for the very first time, that we think you are using wallhacks, your first reaction was this:

Show me the log of when you actually first said to me that you think I use wallhack.. also, if you read the rest of that page (http://i.imgur.com/QDsQjMJ.jpg) I said 'I 100% don't use wallhacks, and I don't get the accusations, and I don't know the first step in even getting a wallhack, I have to ask you guys for cfg commands all the time'

What that sentence iirc was trying to say, but got split up, was:

You want me to stop off my own accord, but since im 100% sure I don't use hacks, then there's nothing I can do to stop, so if you want to carry on seeing these wallhacks, carry on seeing these wallhacks"

oldskool'shox wrote:

during our conversation back in the day, you stated something different. you claimed to play from january 2013 up until that day. you never mentioned playing since 2010.

Yeah, my bad, that was miscommunication, I've played since 2010 in e5/e+ (as you can see from e+ or from these pictures here): http://i57.tinypic.com/21osww4.jpg, http://i59.tinypic.com/24wsxa1.jpg, http://i57.tinypic.com/if094i.jpg (thx ravenna)

The reason why I said January 2013 so many times was the fact that that was when I started playing in borg server after a long break from the game so I forgot how to play and had to remember everything from scratch from 2013 (which could be a factor in my increased pace in improving, as I had the skill (albeit not very much) already from 2010 but just hasn't recouped it)

oldskool'shox wrote:

you literally didn't promise it- but you didn't deny it either.

Thanks for agreeing that I didn't promise it, but I did deny it. http://i.imgur.com/QDsQjMJ.jpg, "but since im 100#25 sure I dont use hacks, if you want to see me using wallhacks, carry on seeing me using these wallhacks" or however that sentence ended, it cuts off

oldskool'shox wrote:

we even asked an outstanding person, who studied the english language, how she would interpret your last phrase. the result was: it's a confession. that's exactly how i understood it back then. if that was not what you were trying to say, you might want to check your wording in the future.

Not sure where the confession is, first part is just a reply to your reply

Jabs: lol it's been established a lot of people think it
Shox: well who? me? the other admins?
Jabs: well anyone who was suspicious in favour of I did cheat

Second part was me talking about how my internet got better towards the end and the spikes went away, I spoke of it a few times saying my internet was fine now.. this kinda was irrelevant to the whole thing, but as I thought the topic on my supposed wallhack was locked I could talk about something else.. You all knew my internet was really bad with weird spikes, so me talking about my internet was a recurring conversation, which is why it seems so out of place and coincidentally relevant to the whole talk we had, when it wasn't

Jabs: maybe I can take advantage of my slightly more decent connection when I play again
----------------------------
btw I don't see how these posts have revealed my true character, what have I done here to show bad character?

I gotta admit I looked up to you guys back when I first joined, thinking damn, these guys are crazy good, respect to them, I would never be as good as them. And then when I improved and improved and randomly got told that you guys thought I used wallhack I was pretty shocked and upset.. it's like meeting a celebrity irl and finding out he has a shitty personality and acts like a complete dick (not saying you guys are dicks, just saying imagine you look up to something and then you realise everything you looked up to hates you or thinks bad of you, or something in general)

Jabs

All I have to say is why would I put this much effort into proving my innocence, day after day posting lengthy replies, if I did use wallhack? I mean, I'm banned already and there's nothing I can do to remove that ban.

A guy who did cheat and then got banned would be like "aw damn they banned me, and there's nothing I can do now to pretend since I actually do use wallhacks" and then if he did continue posting, he would either:
>>>get bored of replying
>>>slip up and finally provide proof he cheats

Whereas neither of those will happen with me as I will continue trying to prove my innocence, and can't slip up as there's nothing to slip up about.. respect for finding the logs though.

n 1 t e
m1k's picture

Go on quake live, improve and improve and then I'll watch you on Quakecon stream

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
oldskool'hammer wrote:

This is strange , first you where 'fine' with our own laundry wash policy and now you dont ..

I am fine with you doing your own laundry, as long as you are fine with the consequences.

oldskool'hammer wrote:

Tell me skullking where is it written that we need to provide you demos ?

Nowhere, its just fishy that you guys have a demo and don't give it out.

oldskool'shox wrote:

[...] This mod is dead since years.

why you care so much Laughing

oldskool'hammer wrote:

[...]
Seriously , the people who pay for a server and put all their time in it to keep something alive must ask all players if its please ok to do action against a cheater?
talking about the world upside down

No, you are free in executing the way you do, but you need to explain your community why someone is a cheater.

oldskool'hammer wrote:

And random bans? we are not that banhappy .. at quake toptimes we served 20.000 uniqe players a month to 30 bans a month average ... tell me how much percent this is?

I remember I had a ban on ur servers for bs-talk after a discussion of some admin not being able to proof that I am cheating.

oldskool'hammer wrote:

we provided a real clear nice video wich tells 10x more then your dsharpe ultimate proof video

Since ur video is done in q3mme, player position isnt where the player was live.
Which means after all the years you still do not know how proof for everyone someone cheats.

oldskool'hammer wrote:

[...], altough i each person with a normal mind knew that dsharpe wasnt really clean with his 90% acc but i dont even need a demo or shady video of that to know ..

Its more a question of principle - you need to give the benefit of doubt till proven guilty. We are NOT america with secret courts and drones killing peeps based on metadata.
Furthermore its less problem of deciding who cheats, but explaining it to everyone else - remember golly?
Nuff said.

tl;dr: Borg team fails do come up with a reasonable explaination to not post the demo.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

oldskool'hammer

@ skull

I remember you got banned on borg a while back for shitting on our floor .. there is nothing known on me you being banned for cheating

And for the rest : opinion noted

Jabs
/ wrote:

demos http://speedy.sh/EcPm4/lalala.dm-68
all the time he found me. can not fail to arouse suspicion.

Who are you reporting here?

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
oldskool'hammer wrote:

@ skull
I remember you got banned on borg a while back for shitting on our floor .. there is nothing known on me you being banned for cheating

yeah sorry there, mixed some other situation up.

Anyways, our opinion parted since years already starting with E+ anticheat.

oldskool'shox

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

yes, the old story comes up once again, of course. you were upset, that we leaked some of the information about this tool, which was supposed to stay hidden inside the code of this mod and which should have been accessable to a few, selected beta testers only. you didn't like the fact, that we borgs didn't agree to these "policies", which were made in the backroom of this forum.

but now you say this:

rUnThEoN?! wrote:
We are NOT america with secret courts and drones killing peeps based on metadata.

how do these double standards work out for you? how dare you to question our methods.

oldskool'hammer
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

oldskool'hammer wrote:
@ skull

yeah sorry there, mixed some other situation up.

Yeh well i wasnt even upset about the e+ anticheat , the idea was good of this .. but the way how this got handled was all fucked up ...

First you acted like i was joe jerkoff or something with not telling a thing about that checkerpassword and try to hide it so hard for me when i asked about the checkerpassword that it made me even suspicious lol

at that time we had 3 servers on our root in the top 10 of the e+ spider , when a serious root admin just ask about this its not more then normal to give an awnser without go in deep details

and when it came out and easy try to do something about it you even deleted easys post (who understanded our point very well)

I dont really think you got any right to talk like this to us that we hide stuff or that we should discuss with all active players on a server a ban of a cheater ...as ive seen more hidden solo non democratic stuff from your side

At least the "bad" borgs try to provide clear explenations , videos and logs and try to do stuff as democratic possible .

cheers

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
oldskool'shox wrote:

[...]we leaked some of the information about this tool, which was supposed to stay hidden inside the code of this mod[...]

I disliked the fact of an alpha stage tool going public.

oldskool'shox wrote:

[/]but now you say this:

rUnThEoN?! wrote:
We are NOT america with secret courts and drones killing peeps based on metadata.

how do these double standards work out for you? how dare you to question our methods.

Double standards? Pretty easy, there are no double standards.
Eventhough stuff didn't go according to my plans, the function about autokicks (aka executive) is still in the hands of the server admin. Anyways, there is no need to discuss that out.

The anticheat went totally wrong from my perspective, the dev. was done in the wrong forum, the reverse engineering of a cheats behaviour just was alpha stage, the auto-analysis of the results were improvised and development stopped in the beginning phase - especially after bypass was known for everyone.

oldskool'hammer wrote:

At least the "bad" borgs try to provide clear explenations , videos and logs and try to do stuff as democratic possible .

Democratic doesnt mean stuff is more or less fair. (9 out of 10 peeps deciding of the fate of the 10th is democracy)
But explaining someone is whing to a community is way more complicated then you think and can not be done by videos without sourcedemo.