Are you for minimum 4 vs 4 players for ranked CW ?

103 replies [Last post]
tartaros
GreekPecker's picture

in 3vs3 the clan that wants 4vs4 will not be happy cause they want more action

in 4vs4 the clan that wants 3vs3 will not be happy cause they won't be able to arrange their time and/or not have enough members at this period

Someone will not be happy. Let's see what's more serious...

About kx's idea i have nothing against but it'll feel weird ;/ It's a fun mod. Why try to make things more serious while the current structure of the mod isn't "serious"?

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
tartaros wrote:

About kx's idea i have nothing against but it'll feel weird ;/ It's a fun mod. Why try to make things more serious while the current structure of the mod isn't "serious"?

Could as well be my own words. That, and what Wonko wrote. You know, serious restrictions, organized ranking with strict playing rules etc might work somewhere where everyone checks the forums, stays in touch with each other, and knows "how it works". It's not the case here..

I like Tar's suggestion about not ranking the first few games of a new clan. It WILL filter out random, 1-month-ttl clans out of the system in most cases. I'd increase the number of games needed to enter the rank, tho, to about eight. If someone WANTS to take part in the ranking, then they would have to show they mean business, and if they'd prove that, all the effort put in the matches they played wouldnt go to waste, since they would be retroactively ranked.

I honestly cant find a weak point in this.. well, maybe one - serious teams might refuse to play with new clans, coz if they would fall apart, they wouldnt get anything out of playing with them, so it's a risk of wasting time. But hell, like everyone(?) is saying, it's all supposed to be fun? Let's not only talk like this, let's play like this. Woot.

deuter
Deuter's picture

4v4 its good idea,but on e+ its still some clans ho have problems to get 4 players

triv'
trivium's picture

i like kx idea Cool

playing on
[mouse]: ie 3.0
[mousepad]: corepad eyepad xxl
[keyboard]: Steelseries 6gv2
[headphones]: SteelSeries Siberia v2
[monitor]: Samsung Syncmaster 1000s 21"

ghost wrote:

its the people whos piss me of not the game, im never ever played an game on wich all is perfect to mine preferences there are always things to wich im must get used and acept them as they are no mater i like them or not i will try to understand thier mechanism and use for mine adventage

tartaros
GreekPecker's picture

http://clanrank.excessiveplus.net/t1/rank/bro_total.html

kx suggested 30 first clans. I bet that uo or fc or da will have tough time to bring 4 peeps at a certain date = less clan wars = less fun

let's say the 10 first clans. Wasp might have problems. Hyper passed a dry period. Swe has only 3 regulars the way i see it. This is the current situation. Who knows, maybe after two months guys that want 4vs4 will have inactive members and cry about the rule they voted.

Randomly recruiting clanless people and merging clans is laughable as a solution.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

hm, how about giving more points if you play 5v5 than if you play 4v4. and give more point if you play 4v4 instead you play 3v3.

lets face it, clan ranking should show wich clan is better, and the more quality players in clan, the better the clan in general is.

its harder to have 5 good players than 3. Happy

and it will encourage new clans AND old clans to recruit, to grow, and to risk it more (its more risk playing 5v5 than 4v4 or 3v3).

perhaps multiply all points won by 0.5 or 0.75 if you played 3v3.
leave them as is in 4v4.
in 5v5 or more multiply them by 1.25 or 1.5 Happy

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

hm, how about giving more points if you play 5v5 than if you play 4v4. and give more point if you play 4v4 instead you play 3v3.

lets face it, clan ranking should show wich clan is better, and the more quality players in clan, the better the clan in general is.

its harder to have 5 good players than 3. Happy

and it will encourage new clans AND old clans to recruit, to grow, and to risk it more (its more risk playing 5v5 than 4v4 or 3v3).

perhaps multiply all points won by 0.5 or 0.75 if you played 3v3.
leave them as is in 4v4.
in 5v5 or more multiply them by 1.25 or 1.5 Happy

thx foksie, i really dont like the idea to put 4v4 as minimum to rank, it will give more advantage to big clans who have already lot of good players against small clans which have always lot of difficulties to recrut.
Moreover when u are 4v4 there are more possibilities that someone disconnect and then u finish the war with 3v3 ? and u cant rank it because no supply for small clan ?

Definitly no, ppl complain bcz there are too much wars, and after ppl will complain because there is not enough, always something to complain about lol. The rule is good as it is. A better approach is to reward more those who take risks to set up more players so with maybe more weak players enroled.

kek
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

nowai! clan A challenges clan B, but on game day clan B makes it only with 4 ppl even if they said 5. So clan A will also get less points because of clan B.

Now about the divisions thing: I would suggest making 3 or even 4 divisions. Each one containing like 10-12 teams. Then we should think of starting seasons, at the end of each season u will have relegations and promotions from lower to superior divisions and vice-versa. I have already played in a similar system back in my cs days, and it was pretty good.

Going for such a system will encourage new clans to take the game more seriously and will also prevent "sudden clan deaths"...This of course should happen if most ppl here want to make this community more serious... or we could just let it be for fun whenever with whoever...community has the choice.

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture
kek wrote:

x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

nowai! clan A challenges clan B, but on game day clan B makes it only with 4 ppl even if they said 5. So clan A will also get less points because of clan B.

2 or 1 clan play with less players the winner will get less points whatever they said during the war details. Screenshot will just be ranked differently. After it's all about respecting the war details or not but imo it's the same for every other parameters such as pure, time, maps etc etc.

The division stuff sounds a way too much complicated and disabling the possibility for each clan to play with each other... most of players are not "serious" lol they just play quake 3 arena Happy better is to enhance rules that privilege challenging and audacity. i.e. taking more risks having a full lineup than interdiction and restriction of playing freedom.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

@ Trance: if you make such restrictions on clan ranking, it will probably reuslt in people simply not playing ranked wars.

as for the other clan showing up with less people than agreed to, you can either decide not to play them, or you can play and not earn bonus points.

you still ARE getting points though Winking

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!