Quake 4 Console + CFG + Variables !!!

34 replies [Last post]
1337W4R3Z )NWC(
1337w4r3z's picture

Hey starless this is good and really helps I can't believe that I'm getting this awesome 50fps out of my shitty ATI card, too bad that something is wrong with textures they look all greenish, but hey i ¿ll have to buy a nvidia gfx card, it does works well on pasty's pc since she has a nvidia card.

DARK
DARKLORD's picture

well my graphics are fine, and that did help (i have ati btw) but my fps count is damn low i think my cpu sucks Sad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

emaciej's picture

this is my machine:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP-A, 2100 MHz 3000+
2x512 MB RAM
mainboard - Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400, FSB 333/400 MHz, AGP Skull
graphic - nVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 3D 128 MB
DVD-ROM 16x
HDD HDS72251 2VLSA80 SCSI Disk Device (115 GB)
sound - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (9000)

which is pretty good PC, I spent some money to have it and guess what, this damn game is fucking slideshow eeeeh Confused

DARK
DARKLORD's picture

intel 2.3ghz
1024 dual ram
ati sapphire 9800 atlantis pro card

weeeee 20fps haha, its a bit better with the driver hq posted but still when your used to the fps of q3 and aiming perfectly it makes me wanna cry when i cant aim well on q4 Crying

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1337W4R3Z )NWC(
1337w4r3z's picture

20fps?? Pasty gets 28/30 with her geforce mx400 64mb i guess it's true that doom 3 engine likes nvidia better than ati.

ghost
1337W4R3Z )NWC( wrote:

20fps?? Pasty gets 28/30 with her geforce mx400 64mb i guess it's true that doom 3 engine likes nvidia better than ati.

huh mx400 is the best vga Winking but serously, they cut almous all in it so aplications skip render efects and that why somtimes new gams are smothest on high detaila that on advences vga's with pixel and vertex shaders

im dinot remember that d3 was runing good on mx400 eh

ofc that means u do not seying 80% of efects Winking

SP completed, a nice suprice, still hate that turtle mode Happy

some fire and light efects are realy poor Confused

|_EM*TAKER
. wrote:

this is my machine:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP-A, 2100 MHz 3000+
2x512 MB RAM
mainboard - Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400, FSB 333/400 MHz, AGP Skull
graphic - nVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 3D 128 MB
DVD-ROM 16x
HDD HDS72251 2VLSA80 SCSI Disk Device (115 GB)
sound - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (9000)

which is pretty good PC, I spent some money to have it and guess what, this damn game is fucking slideshow eeeeh Confused

The answer of your slideshow is your Fx5500 card, i promise, i just had fx5600 and i also had this same slideshow effect. I have amd64 3000+@3500+. but still it was like 10 fps.I tried the fx card on 3dmark05 and i got 240 score.. ridicoulus low, so i figured theire most be something wrong, so i cheked the net, and it appears that fx5*** is a BIG failure from nvidia. So i did order 6600GT 256MB DDR3. and know i got maximum GFX, and 63 fps(which is highest u can get at the moment).
So good luck with playing quake with this GFX, i not recommend it

ghost wrote:

comunity are the ppl game is an game u can do every u want to game*, if it will be BIG RED smile on game box and u get pised of that game, throw box of that game on the flor in kitchen and make on it BIG BAD smelly shit, this smile will be still on the box kep smiling to u, but when yors parents will back form great vacations to home with smiles on faces and they will see what hapened thier faces become only RED withnout eny smile.....

emaciej's picture

I installed newest driver and it helped a bit. Now I have 40-60 fps. With avarage arround 50 but still with lowest resolution Sad
Probably you are right about FX5500. I will change it but still I will wait few months for better prices Tongue I have checked what Q4 looks like and thats enough for me for now Happy

Like HQ says game is too slow for us. We definitely need E+ for Q4. And second thing I got used to unlagged technology so much that now its pain to play with lag Happy

1337W4R3Z )NWC(
1337w4r3z's picture
|_EM*TAKER wrote:

. wrote:
So i did order 6600GT 256MB DDR3. and know i got maximum GFX, and 63 fps(which is highest u can get at the moment).
So good luck with playing quake with this GFX, i not recommend it

LoL look above HQ has 73fps on that pic.

ghost

the fps is realy wierd, when im set "com_fixedtic -1" the game runs depending fps, if im have 120fps and more the game speed is twice faster as normal, this is f.... wierd and same method was used in gta1 movement depends about framerate, this synchronization geting me crazy

enybody know how to set fps higer that this lock 60?

ehh dudez set this limit for LCD monitors couse they cant display withnout blur more that this, but how come to old good CRT monitors.... i am hate LCD...

like i sayd i am geting crazy with it, like on scren page back, 73fps cose of that damet sync in some moments im have 53fps and it its not depend what quality or res im set in q4, WFT.....

and the some flame efect are realy cheap withnout details....

sand is on fire......

graphis is not strong point of this game, way beter u can find out in FEAR