Clan War type "1 vs 1"

17 replies [Last post]
drill@quakelive

try to contact e+ team better to fix bugs Happy
btw... i dont like that idea Happy

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture

Arrow Explaning my vision
I got that idea playing with result data. Happy I saw that we can measure clans on manny ways except by "1 vs 1" game type. Sencirealy, can anybody make that rank from 1 vs 1 results rank ? Answer is obvious, you can analize data hard and you simply dont have enough thata to compare clans on that way.

About clans strenght: Question is somekind philosophical. "Did particle make whole or not ?" And what is "whole" = sum of particles ? We can here debute a lot abouth that. Two radical views: left extreme that "whole" is stronger if each particle is strong (whole strenght = summ of particles strenght). Right extreme is that is whole is strong if all partcles do as one and in that case "whole" strenght can be alot stronger then ordinaly summ of particles.(that is very hard to achive). In life whole is some in between that two extrems. From that point of view you can then have this:

Clan strenght is IMO in most cases (in E+) just sum of players strenght. some clans have realy good team work. So, for example KO is srongest by players. SWE is strongest as a team. And vhen we will have "1 vs 1" clan ranking then we will know alot data which we now haven't = rugh simply strenght of clans. And comparing "1 vs 1 clan ladder" with other ladders clans the will know on what they realy have to work to achive beter performance. IMO, results of that CWs can be added to total rank because clans make decidions did they wanna play that type of CW. For example majority dont play CTF and havent any obligations.

If not added to total rank, I can live with that also. I AGREE TOTALY THAT 1 vs 1 clan war havent team work. But can have, because of chosing oponents, /tell comand from bench etc. Something as "Davis Cup in tenis".

What is the benefit beside knowing that clan measurament ? We will have more 1 vs 1 results officialy. And poplularisation that game type. Also gatering two clans. For example play regular war and after that play "1 vs 1" cw. Happy Use some imagination. Happy Those results symply passed to 1 vs 1 rank. Also the will be players which will be then motivated to play more 1 vs 1 and on that way they will become more complete players. I see alot good stuff in it.
Question about will be in Total Rank or not seems to me not important. Happy

Best regards.

Disclimer: This is only my opinion (nothing that have with that I am mod, referee etc.), I dont force anybody on anything. I dont make and have intention to make comunity to "must" agree with my stand.

BBSQUAD CLAN
- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die...

Rena,ure missing the main point here,point which I tried to explain to u on MSN yesterday.1v1 is called that way for a reason and it has nothing to do with clans,when ppl play 1v1 they play for themselves,not for their clan.So it would be unfair to rate or rank a clan based on someones individual skills.And I also tried to explain to u that some clans dont have such strong 1v1 players as K[] for example and that they wont even look at those challenges,not to mention play them.I think this is the shortest and clearest explanation I could give in this short time I have,now excuse me,gotta run Happy

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

ive played many 1v1 matches in another game (jedi knight: jedi academy) and to some extent, they are played more than regular clanwars because you need less people...of course, the more people you have the more of an advantage you have but for example: you could play a 5vs2 cw fairly...if the 2 players are really great at 1v1, then you could take out those 5 1 by 1.

In jedi knight: jedi academy, your players had a set pattern: so for example... drt vs evol

from drt...
A = drt tyrant
B = drt faith
C = drt foksie

from evol...
A = evol wax
B = evol sky
C = evol jarl

now, first match will be drt tyrant vs evol wax...and tyrant wins so, tyrant plays sky and tyrant wins again, tyrant plays jarl and wins then back to wax and then tyrant loses....so then wax plays faith etc.. and you always follow in the order that you have set up before the match.

it would need some test clanwars to see how well the system works in q3...but you have my vote if you can come up with this / or similar system for a 1v1 cw Happy

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey

HYPER'DRAGON
Dragon.'s picture

1vs1 is not teamplay.
it show ONLY how good a player realy is with his aim.
and i think it is very interesting to know which clan have good 1vs1 player.

Happy

kek

I dont find the idea appealing. We already got alot of rankings goin on and whats the point of this? Which clan has the best 1vs1 players? Thats of no importance, as team has no I in it Ha Big grin

and i wonder how come nobody saw the contradiction here "Clan War type 1vs1" Thinking

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Clan War type "1 vs 1"

why we have a 1v1 rank then?
still 1v1 = 1v1 even if there special rules who plays agains who.
1v1 clanwar would be maybe good for clans who actually dont have enough members for playing a 3v3 cw so that such new clans get more popular.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."