HYPER*GOOF
goof's picture

maybe i beat your record i can't sleep tonight Winking Big grin

EVOL.WAX
Forum moderator
WAX's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

*turns on the universal translator*

Ok, i think i get what you are aiming at.

*turns it off*

He is right. The less you sleep the shorter you live. People with verry long insomnia tend to die a young age, and they get older sooner. Also people who fall in a coma usualy dont age while in it, but when they wake up, age quikly catches up with them.

So less zappin more yappin! Big grin

Still.....that leaves you with a bit of a paradox. While you are asleep you have no real useful life or relative life time, therefore while you sleep you are to all to all intents and purposes dead. So do you spend more large periods of life awake and die younger, or spend smaller periods and live longer. Large periods would be better to get more done, but then your effectiveness diminishes with fatigue, or conversely get less done in the smaller periods but with higher efficiency.

So do you spend your time dead when you are dead or while you are alive?

Depending on your belief structure you aint got long to live, no matter how old you are (and yes I have less than most here Happy ) So hurry and make your mind up, but don’t stress about it as that will mess up the equation.

I suppose as in all things you have to find the best balance, just the right amount of time asleep to extend life, but not so long as you lose too much life while asleep. And more importantly not let you life pass by while worrying about it, or indeed playing quake too much Happy

As in most things in life its all about yin and yang. One things is for sure happier people live longer....hmm then there is diet, environment ,lifestyle, genetics.......

Happy

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

well, if someone gave me a choice, i would sleep 6 days then be awake for one. you get to see more different thing happen that way Happy

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

RANDIE.ST
unruly.st1's picture

Well my personal high atm is 86 hours.
Thats not too high if you consider the world record -afaik- is about 11 days. Thats was achived in a voluntary scientific experiment and that sleepless insane guy had to be rehabilated in next 6 months Shock

*ROLDAN*
Roldan's picture
1337W4R3Z )NWC( wrote:

LOL @ slip you have no idea dude I used to drive a truck few years ago and when you have to meet a deadline you have to drive as much as 3 days witout sleep I've done it and that's not bullshit.

Notorious cases of record-setters include disc jockey Peter Tripp who in 1959 stayed up for more than eight days as a promotional stunt. After a few days, he began to hallucinate, seeing kittens, mice, and cobwebs. He also became paranoid, insisting that an electrician had dropped a hot electrode into his shoe.

From 1994 Guiness book of records, 'Victims of the rare condition chronic colestites (total insomnia) have been known to go without total sleep for years'

I remember reading about an indian guy who suffered from it.

Here are a few links to illustrate you on the subject.

http://www.pbs.org/livelyhood/nightshift/sleep_deprivation.html
http://ncc.mit.edu/kreiman/academia/sleep2000/Lectures/l01182000.html

Really like that hallicination. And legal. No more sleep for me for a while.

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."
Anon.

http://j58roldan.deviantart.com/

1337W4R3Z )NWC(
1337w4r3z's picture

LOL @ roldan it also made me remember slips stupid answer after 48 hour your brain just shuts down and you go like into coma LMAO.