Are You Happy with PlusN v2.4 or want a change ?

50 replies [Last post]
//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\
Re: Are You Happy with PlusN v2.4 or want a change ?

The changes people are speaking about here could lead to some total new CFG and more likely to be called something other than the PlusN........

My own suggestion is to keep it the same way it is with probably little bits of changes to few things,

For example, as some suggested..... the rocket is a bit slow and in big maps looks more like a fly flying around than a real rocket! so it's speed may be increased a bit which could give it some more use in longer areas.... however would make it worse in small maps!!

BFG, things are good about it except that it usually seem to have different effects from player to another depending on (I don't know) probably connection speed/distance from the server (ping and packets....) or PC specifications and performance since I guess for the physical and graphical way it reacts got to do with PC power..... or maybe bugs, cheaters or admin controls make it seem to be so.....

Other things are perfect for the name of the Mod and CFG, and if big changes are to be made, more preferable to give it a different name as a CFG and keep this one as it is, and best is if the efforts to be dedicated for to make the changes were to be dedicated on fixings bugs so this CFG gets to be more smooth and so it performs better....

And lets keep our minds on that this is an E+ (Excessive Plus)

Not excessive.......... but also with (plus)........ which means that any decreases only to be making us look like going back to CPMA and the Basic Quake Mod....!!

@ darkangle, sticky grenade??........ are we in Call Of Duty or Metal Gear Solid?

Have fun at E+ and never take it with hard feelings no matter how much you lose nor how much stupid or dump or punk or bad or blithering idiot the player you are playing with really is, it's just a game and we are here to have fun and enjoy our times!!

METEORKID
Forum moderator Rank moderator
Meteorkid's picture
//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\ wrote:

BFG, things are good about it except that it
usually seem to have different effects from player to another depending
on (I don't know) probably connection speed/distance from the server
(ping and packets....) or PC specifications and performance since I
guess for the physical and graphical way it reacts got to do with PC
power..... or maybe bugs, cheaters or admin controls make it seem to be
so.....

Wrong i run at 333fps on a gtx570 and 20 to 40 ping connection, it could not run smoother and the BFG is still a unpredictable spammy weapon. Its directly down to the cfg bfg weapon settings.

//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\ wrote:

And lets keep our minds on that this is an E+ (Excessive Plus)

Not excessive.......... but also with (plus)........ which means that
any decreases only to be making us look like going back to CPMA and the
Basic Quake Mod....!!

It looks like insta rail configs have already forgotten that with qlinsta etc. next up plusN. gg

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
METEORKID wrote:

Wrong i run at 333fps on a gtx570 and 20 to 40 ping connection, it could not run smoother and the BFG is still a unpredictable spammy weapon. Its directly down to the cfg bfg weapon settings.

read what others write, it has nothing to do with the settings, after a mod update BFG changed regardless settings! Aside of course BFG is a weapon that has quite random projectiles witch effect varies from many factors

I am addicted to life.

outofhere!
hook's picture

Yes! I Like that Config ! Not any changes needed!

14% (6 votes)

I want a PlusN v2.5 with some new suggestions!

86% (38 votes)

Total votes: 44

IS THATS ALL ?

Fragmovies and more Arrow Click ME!

AsphyxEvents Website Arrow Click ME!

METEORKID
Meteorkid's picture

What i'm saying is despite what you think maybe some kind of overall mod problem i don't think it is because other cfgs have perfectly working bfg's where if you shoot someone in the face it will kill them every time. e5r config for example. This is happening in the same E+ mod. Clearly its the cfg.

Maybe e+ has got a problem. Does that mean it cant be countered by just adjusting the cfg accordingly? Well mostly yes i should think.

Even you admit there is a problem with the BFG fala by saying its e+ mod related. Its still there is not going away.

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
METEORKID wrote:

if you shoot someone in the face it will kill them every time. e5r config for example. This is happening in the same E+ mod. Clearly its the cfg.

LOL?
Man since i have step in here for my very first time in this cfg bfg never killed on direct shots, in other configs the bfg was always more powerful than in bro.cfg or plus.cfg or plusN.cfg so please do not mess up things.

METEORKID wrote:

Maybe e+ has got a problem. Does that mean it cant be countered by just adjusting the cfg accordingly? Well mostly yes i should think.

It can't, i already wrote that but if u willing to believe it can, go ahead and try doing so, i already have written i tested out this mater more than deeply, and consulted with the mod developer! Even if all parameters are exact, bfg behaves different THAT'S IT

METEORKID wrote:

Even you admit there is a problem with the BFG fala by saying its e+ mod related.

I never called this a problem! ppl whining about it only because it is different, and the problem is we can't make it work exactly the same way as before mod update, plus 90% of the community don't even remember how the BFG supposed to work and what they actually ask for is to change it to nothing like it was before.

Sooner a cactus will grow on my hand than i will do anything that will change BFG to a direct hit weapon, it never worked that way in this family of configs.

I am addicted to life.

METEORKID
Meteorkid's picture

Quote:
90% of the community don't even remember how the BFG supposed to work

Then please enlighten us. If it was built with certain desires in mind im sure alot of the 90% would want to know what that is so they too can think "oh its not broken its just how its suppose to be".

PS: i did do a search but its alot of threads to go through even if you know what you looking for so i hope you understand.

eRRor369
eRRor369's picture
!@#$%&*( terror )_ wrote:

^flash*** wrote:
I agree with fala. Lower The switchtimes PLZ !
Bfg i also Way to strong (on wallhits and with its splash)
Sticky nades like in The past wouldnt be such a good idea as same as the faster rocket.

agree, agree and agree f1 Happy

f1

pew pew you're dead

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
METEORKID wrote:

Quote:
90% of the community don't even remember how the BFG supposed to work

Then please enlighten us. If it was built with certain desires in mind im sure alot of the 90% would want to know what that is so they too can think "oh its not broken its just how its suppose to be".

WHAT? o0
I have already enlighten u by saying the suggestions have nothing to do with the bfg from previous bro style configs and u asking me to put yours finger in a jesus wound o0

download 1.02b and 1.03, download bro.cfg and plus.cfg and see the difference yourself, it has no point to use my eyes if the person who supposed to see it its u.

I am addicted to life.

DEVOCATOR

same opinions about BFG flame damage and switchtimes. In addition to these LG shouldn't kill with flames from wall I mean aiming should be on the enemy not on the wall. Briefly no flame on LG.
Rail shouldn't take more than 500 damage and maybe other guns' damage may be decreased since 600 health means nothing in this game because of high damage takes by weapons.
As mentioned before grenade and bfg radius for teamkill should be decreased in case of close jumps to friends