XPlus and PR 1.30?

5 replies [Last post]
█2D4█Bubba
Our clan has a number of 1.30 Excessive servers. Most of these will remain 1.30 for he foreseeable future. Is it possible to run this mod on the 1.30 PR? Has anyone tried it?

I played the mod on a 1.32 server and I liked it. Would like to try it on at least on of our servers if possible.

-Bubba

█2D4█Bubba

Since no one responded I thought I would just try it and see. But while I was reading the documentation and creating a server config I see there is no way to make the server pure and still have people play that don't have the mod.

Its an awesome mod from what I have seen, I hope it takes off. But until that time comes I think we will stick with Mr Pants version 3 or possibly take a better look at ExPro for its unlagged capabilities.

Thanks again and congrats on creating a mod that seems to be an improvement to the game we all love.

-Bubba

easy
Developer
easy's picture

Point Release v1.30 is not supported. It is a new modification and therefore you need a new point release to have a smooth game.
(i.e. Mr. Pants' Excessive v003 doesn't run smooth on 1.31-1.32 only on 1.29-1.30)

█2D4█Bubba wrote:

I see there is no way to make the server pure and still have people play that don't have the mod.

You can make a pure server by unpacking the .pk3 files BUT then you won't allow people to play with the enhanced hud, scoreboards etc. It will be exactly like Excessive - plain and standard Quake 3 effects/sounds, just like any other server-side only modification.

█2D4█Bubba

Thank You for answer. If we did unpack the pk3 files (I'm assuming we would remove some files) would be still be able to take advantage of the unlagged code?

I'm interested in some of the other features as well but the unlagged code is what we are after. While I wish everyone is would move to 1.32 its not going to happen anytime soon. 1.30 CTF is many times more active than 1.32 so for the time being thats the PR we will be running on most of the servers.

easy
Developer
easy's picture

Yes, unlagged will be available.

█2D4█Bubba

Thank You Sir!

Now to figure out what to remove from the pk3 file. If it works I'll have Excessive Plus Unpacked running on our most popular server soon.

Thanks again for your time.