wtf...

5 replies [Last post]
madbringer
Madbringer's picture
...is this all about ? I was kicked out of 2!sweet ftag two times today with the following message:

Login or register to view attached files

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

Did you download new player models/skins?

Or your old ones got corrupted. Either way, some external pk3 or tmp file is doing it, check your folder for recent files.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

drill@quakelive

try to rewrite all pk3s like foksie sayed.

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

I'll do that as soon as i'll get my quake cd back. Huh, i deleted all curious pk3's and tmp files (FU cl_allowdownload 1), but this dosen't solve the problem. Seems the model itself is damaged inside the main pk3 file, but how this happened is beyond me. A combination of cg_forcemodel and xp_enemymodel seems to eliminate this prob... still, curious wtf this error message is trying to point out. Any geek out there with an answer ? Big grin

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

Quake models are limited in polygon number they can use. Not really sure why, but the limit is in the code, and the way it draws models.

It is possible one model got corrupted and some aditional points were added to it, getting over the polygon limit.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Ah... ok man, thx for the help.