Update of 1.03/1.04 servers to 2.0a

36 replies [Last post]
lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
Excessiveplus v2.0a was released already some weeks ago and it is an stable version release. However, only those servers that updated to v1.04 have been updated, which means that almost half of servers are running old versions. That's not a noob-friendly situation at all, to have different incompatible versions running at the same time, and even on some popular servers. That doesnt apply to custom TSU versions, so i have no problems with them because they accept several e+ versions and do not push pk3s when cl_autodownload is on.

So i would like to ask you if you could possibly update your servers to latest version. If you are experiencing problems, i can offer my help to hint you where is the problem. I can also update 1.03 cfgs to 2.0 format if that's what stops you from updating. If you just refuse to update please let me know the reason so we can think of a solution. My email/msn is on my profile.

Regards,
Beast

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

GG
GG's picture

I have servers running custom TSU and thought about upgrade.
It is very sad that there is no sensible complete documentation, it is necessary to finish thinking about all most on such scraps as changes.txt. As for me, only this prevents to move to the new version.

✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❋
¡Adiós!
\'o♥o'/

.:Green:.-=Girl=-

^[Evil]Monkey
GG wrote:

I have servers running custom TSU and thought about upgrade.
It is very sad that there is no sensible complete documentation, it is necessary to finish thinking about all most on such scraps as changes.txt. As for me, only this prevents to move to the new version.

if you're running with the TSU thing, you don't need to update Happy

Shadow.
Shaadow's picture

well Im getting increasingly pissed off with the borg server but thats mainly because of the insta rail which imo dosent fit into e5 ctf. I would like it to be 2.0 but thats unlikly to happen. I dont think borg will ever go to 2.0 with there main server. They seem to like it to much on 1.03 shame really.

One weapon is enough.

GG
GG's picture
^[Evil]Monkey wrote:

if you're running with the TSU thing, you don't need to update Happy

Im running custom TSU only and only due to few advantages provided by Panda, like for example ability to change thrown (dropped) flag speed.
Nothing else. So its would be good to have such features in EPlus 2.0

✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❋
¡Adiós!
\'o♥o'/

.:Green:.-=Girl=-

mow Q [EN]
Shadow. wrote:

well Im getting increasingly pissed off with the borg server but thats mainly because of the insta rail which imo dosent fit into e5 ctf. I would like it to be 2.0 but thats unlikly to happen. I dont think borg will ever go to 2.0 with there main server. They seem to like it to much on 1.03 shame really.

Borg told, they will switch on next stable finale release.

So now we have it, Excessive 2.0(a). Let's see if they can keep their promisses, of if they make just empty words.

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture

i don't recall any promises. 2.0a game play feels nothing like 1.03. we have no troubles with 1.03. only reason to upgrade is because a few ppl cant be bothered to rename their e+ folder? or to 'move on'
and shad u know we will always have insta railgun and fast switch whether we update or not., always have, always will. Winking shame (sorry )
hum empty words or not. does not matter to me what u will think. no offence.
tc

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

^[Evil]Monkey
superbad! wrote:

TSU = all happy
TSU FTW:D

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture

yes, i will check it out. will try to find the thread with the pros/cons of it also.

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

^[Evil]Monkey
superbad! wrote:

yes, i will check it out. will try to find the thread with the pros/cons of it also.

yay Happy
i can't see their being many cons, except maybe a few features don't work ? (mvd maybe)

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture

and tags i think