Problem

9 replies [Last post]
Lucky_star
Hello again

I keep geting error when i play, and beeing disconnected from the game all the time. This is the message i get all the time. "Hunk_alloc failed on 459168" Can someone pls help me, and try to explain it as god as posible, im realy nub with the instalation... i tryed to reinstall evrything but the links for client and setups for nubs did'nt work at the excessiv page

easy
Developer
easy's picture

Try /seta com_hunkMegs 128 in your console and then restart quake.

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture
Re: Problem

type /com_hunkmegs pres enter and see youre default hunkmegs then enter the value because we dont know youre memory

Lucky_star

Great it works, thx for the help again. Here comes my second question, when i play at beerfreezer my ping is like 30-40, but when i switch weapon shoot and switch again very often i can't shoot it just switch weapon.

Had problems on other servers too, when i switch weapon it takes 1-2 seconds befor the weapon is switched, is it anything i can do with this?

Works great at hizy server and germanpro....and some servers not

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture

it can be the server cfg, but make a short demo where it is clear to see

Lucky_star

the game dosnt lagg it is just delayed so i cant switch shoot at same time, i dont think its the server cfg because the other players can shoot fast

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture

you have /rate /snaps /cl_maxpackets on the right value ?

Lucky_star

/rate 25000 /snaps 125 /cl_maxpackets 125

^t
smasherchif's picture

shouldn't snaps be 40?

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
Fuck! I just thought of the most awesome pun about the BC vs Smurfs final game and the flames that followed :
"In Soviet Moldavia, Pole rages YOU"
like 2 months after Call me

3M'darkangel wrote:
// 09:30:49 27.06.2010, UNKNOWN LOCATION,
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote:
People are training hard to hide their autoshoot so well while gain enough skills to win (or at least compete on similar level) without them. This is getting insane or provoked. I feel like I would cut myself with Ockham's Razor if I claim a cheat there.

mow Q [EN]

doesnt matter which ammount of snaps, as long they are higher than sv_fps on server.