HELP!!!

2 replies [Last post]
HELLA
Scarstruck's picture
Okay i have quite a serious problem, and i don't know how to fix it. And before you ask, flame me, i have searched the forums, and googled my problem with not much luck.

To get to the point the other day i joined this server "82.123.68.84:27960 Morozov Rail Pro Server" while connecting, quake 3 download the necessary files for the server etc, anyway after getting on the server i left after a few mins, due to lag, and few players. Anyway since then, i haven't been able to join any E+ servers successfully. When quake 3 gets to the map loading screen, and shows the weapons, and players loading icons at the bottom of the screen etc, quake3 suddenly closes and i return to my desktop with an error msg, in q3 console which reads "quake 3 console Not a JPEG file: starts with 0xa7 0x7c".

Im not sure exactly whats causing this error, so im here hoping some of you guys might have an answer, or some ideas on the problem. Any help would be much appriceiated!!!

I also have the q3 console script from this error saved in notepad, so if you require it to help with this problem, im more than happy to send you it via msn. Please pm me or post your request or any info you might need.

cheers

Scarstruck

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 | Steelpad QCK Mass | SteelSeries Siberia V2 | 23" LG W2361V

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

Youve downloaded some external pk3 file, and it seems in one of those files theres a /pictures/bubbles.tga file that has an error. either open all non regular pk3 files (you can use winzip or winrar, since they are actualy zip files) and look for that file, or simply delete all pk3 files that were downloaded yesterday arround that time (sort your files by date to see which have been downloaded).

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

HELLA
Scarstruck's picture

Sorted!!! Big grin

Cheers Foksie:Loy

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 | Steelpad QCK Mass | SteelSeries Siberia V2 | 23" LG W2361V