what type of system do you play quake 3 on ??

24 replies [Last post]
Skippy
Hi all recently dusted off the cd and started playing playing quake 3 again , and have come to a "grim discovery" my system is way outdated. Suprisingly though I still come in 1st at times Shock So I'm posting this to see not only what players but what kind of Hardware I'm facing in the servers now days. Heres the old school game rig as follows

Blazing fast 800 mghtz athlon "whats hyperthreading ?" Laughing

384 megs of pc100 ram which was overkill when it was installed last decade Tongue.

adlib sound card as "surround" was only something the cops did when this machine was built.

Ahh the only semi modern Jewel in my system A geeforce 4 64 meg Skull suprisingly it downgraded itself to 2x agp

The realtec nic adapter 10/100

Using a 2mbs up 4 down cable connection which may or may not be the only edge this thing has as I have'nt tinkered with the config just use the default cable setting .

All this is perched on a FIC Sd11 mobo "possibly one of 500 still in operating condition". Laughing

This is running on a dual os system consisting of win98 and Mepis debian.

The thing that truly amazes me is that this thing will still on ocassion get me to 1st place.

So theres the lowdown on my beater. "What do you have in your case"? If nothing else let me know I have the crappiest gaming comp in the free world "unless your worse off than me" in which case you have my sympathy. Tongue

mow Q [EN]

AMD 64 3000+
1 gb ddr2 dualchannel
MSI 6800 GT 256 mb dd3
MB ASUS K8V-X
Mouse Logitech MX1000
Monitor Samsung Syncmaster 957p 19"

windows xp homeedition

connection adsl 2000 with 386 kbit/s up

i begun q3 on pII 333 mhz, 64 mb sdram and a 16 mb graficcard (think was an ati, dont remember) rofl Big grin

the only thing what hasnt changed is, i use still my old case, 9 years old Happy

{D*R*T} Anemic
anemic's picture

All generalizations are false, including this one. ~ Mark Twain

JeLLy

a64 3000+
1gig ram
6600gt
Asus K8V (whatever revision etc)
logitech mx510
some crappy 17'' tft
xp pro / linux
xdsl 1280 down / 256 up iirc

{D*R*T} BODZ!
XbODz's picture

i started quake (q3 mod) with
pIII 800Mhz,
Geforce mx400 AGP 2x,
256 sdram
and some other shits config, but it was not so bad 6 years ago...
I remember that i had 89fps Tongue and i was happy to increase to a such level Winking

Dani007

P4 2,8Ghz (3,4overclocked) Prescott
512MB DDR400
Gef Fx 5600
Logitech MX510
Lg 17''
Cable : 2,5Mbit / 756kbit
WinXp pro

mow Q [EN]

damn damn, always the düsseldorfer, lets meet in düsseldorf, when i have to go to next psi-exhibitant Big grin

EVOL.IZNOGOUD
Iznogoud's picture

Bättre pissa i stuprännan än stupa i pissrännan !

Nagyi
Nagyee's picture

omg u all can .... my dick Big grin Laughing out loud hehe, u all have a good pc, lol
i use this noob machine
amd xp1700+ (1466mhz)
512 ddr 400 mhz
geforce fx 5200, 128 ddr
logitech mx 518
soon: icemat or corepad magna,to better aiming

i start my quake 3 in 99, when it was out, in amd 266 mhz,and 64 mb ram,and with voodoo banshee (16mb) lol, i had i think 35 fps in fast config (640x480, etc... ) and i was happy Big grin

DeviL*[INSIDE]*
vragec's picture

PC :
Processor: AMD 1.8 XP+
Motherboard : Asus A7VN-X
Hard drive : 120gb Maxtor
Memory : 512 SDR
Grafic card : Ati Radeon 9000
Mouse : Logitech 510MX
Monitor : Samsung LCD 913n

now im wondering for q4 ? would be enough or not :oops:

..: No idea no signature :..

Skippy

Lol Mowly a P2 could still whip the crap out of the Cyrix 333 I was using when Q3 first came out

Anyway sorry I guess I should have checked to see if this topic had been posted before "my bad" . Well at least I can see why my rail seems to pass right through some of you before you make me go boom :twisted: .

A hack of that nature would be way to obvious and it sure seemed like alot of people used it lol.

Well I now see I've been putting it off way to long time to waste some time on ebay and take a weekend to upgrade this Puter and put the old stuff in a glass case @ the Smithsonian or put it in the kids room so i can frag him in Lan all day :twisted:.

But until then I'll gladly frag anyone that don't frag me 1st even with my 'rust bucket comp" Big grin

And see you I usually play Deex and Gods servers due to the low ping "I need all the help I can get" Tongue . Happy Fragging.....